What is going on here? So confused

Hi everyone...Just looking for some opinions.

I met a guy in May at a bar (not the best place...I know). He got my number and I totally never expected him to call. He did though and asked me out. We set a date for a Saturday night, but unfortunately, I had to cancel because I had an allergic reaction to something I had eaten the day before.

For 2 weeks after that, he called me every second or third day to try to set up another date, but I was really busy and couldn't ever make plans with him. He was getting kind of frustrated with this. Finally we went out and we had an awesome time! I called him the day after to tell him that I had alot of fun and that we should go out again. He told me that I could make a move and ask him to go out too. So I did, but he cancelled plans on the night that we were supposed to go out because he had stayed at work late. He called me the following week to set up another date. We went out again and had an amazing time again! He called for a third date and again, my impression was that we had a good time. I feel that I may have come on too strong. When I like someone, I want to be around them, so I may have been speaking a little too future oriented...making potential future date suggestions.

He mentioned something weird during the date - that he is not a phone person and that he goes long periods of time without talking to people but that doesn't mean that he doesn't care. I took it with a grain of salt, but 2 weeks passed since that date, and he has not called me! I don't know what happened. I caved and called him up on Tuesday night but I got his voicemail so I left him a friendly "wanted to see how you're doing" message. He called me back 2 days later and left a message on my voicemail. I haven't called him back yet and that was 2 days ago.

Does the fact that he didn't call me for 2 weeks clearly show that he is not interested or could there be something else going on here? Anybody have any suggestions on what I should do? I know its not a really big deal as we have only been out 3 times, but we seemed to get along so well and I wanted to get to know him better.

Thanks!

It could depend on the person.. but normally it would mean he is not that interested in you. You sound like a girl that knows the dating scheme.. forget what he said.. if someone came to you for advice and said.. yea this guy hadn't called me in two weeks.. what would you think?? It still implies the same with you. Take my advice and stop calling him, if he wants to pursue you, he will and if not.. he won't.

*BTW - I get annoyed with girls that are a little to easy with dating and call me more then I call them.. I'm not saying you do this, but take this as advice..

Geez ...

I don't think in 2 weeks you never found a date/time to schedule a meeting because it just can't be ...at a time I was doin 72h a week and I still managed to schedule a date in a week so if I was him I would probably think that you are just playin around , playin games and testing my patience by throwing weird attitudes ...

so even though it was all great I/ he still think you are not very serious and not committed to the things you do and it's all comes to whether you will show that you are interested or not : him not calling and expecting you to call.

If you really are interested in him , you should definetely give him a call because he really showed that he was into you and now it's your turn

otherwise ..just don't call

Does the fact that he didn't call me for 2 weeks clearly show that he is not interested or could there be something else going on here? Anybody have any suggestions on what I should do? I know its not a really big deal as we have only been out 3 times, but we seemed to get along so well and I wanted to get to know him better.

No...he could just be that busy. I mean, a lot of people will say if a person really wants to be with you or really likes you, then they'll find a way to make time to get together with you for a date or call. I don't think that's completely true, I'm working a lot and sleeping only and barely having time to call back this girl who keeps callin me now. I think she called me twice w/o me even picking up or calling her back for like 5 days and she left a msg both times on my voicemail. I can't compete with the guy above who says he's workin 72 hours hah, but I'm workin over 40 and the hours suck b/c they're like the midnight shifts, so I've just been sleeping,eating and working lately. Don't give up tho...you both seem like busy people and it's a good thing you have your own lives so you're not literally 'depending' on one another...just might take a little more time than usual to get any sort of strong relationship(if that's what you want) going.

*BTW - I get annoyed with girls that are a little to easy with dating and call me more then I call them.. I'm not saying you do this, but take this as advice..

Yea I agree with this tho, it can get annoying....I mean, as much as I want and enjoy the attention, there's a line that needs to be drawn.