What do you guys out there make of this.....??

Hey guys,

I have a question, you see my ex boyfriend and I have not spoken in about two months. He broke up with me in an email and my dad was really sick at that time. Since then, my dad passed away and I decided to call him and left him a voicemail informing him of my father's passing. So then, (the email King who can't seem to call or face me) writes me this nice condolence email and says that after he heard my message, he had to go out and get some drinks. He called me 5 times a day when we were together. He wrote that he would always be my friend and he wanted a book that belonged to his dad, but he never wrote or called me back after that. Why would he say he still wants to be friends and then never call me or email me back? I don't understand why he avoids hearing my voice or seeing me. I haven't called him since and I don't intend to. I have simply returned to NC. Did I do the right thing? I still miss him.

He broke up with you via email? While your father was sick??? The King of Email is also the Joker of Tact and Compassion.

I hate to tell you this, but "I'll always be your friend" is a line. In the case of my ex, this line meant "Maybe if I'm nice about this she'll still let me have sex with her." Some of my friends have offered other translations, but I don't think I should repeat them here. Whatever your ex really meant by it, he obviously didn't mean "I'll always be your friend." Sorry.

You did the right thing, pattysky. Don't miss him.

I'm very sorry about your father. I should have said that first, but I was too busy being appalled at your ex's behavior.