A visit to the dentist

So about 3 weeks ago now (maybe more, can't remember) I went to the dentist with my dad for the usual 6 month checkup thing. When we got into the office (well, more of a small lounge area) there were two women at the desk. One of them was the dentist's usual secretary lady (not very young). The lady next to her however I had never seen before. She was maybe 20something and quite cute. I assumed she was the dental assistant.. and I assumed right. She smiled at me right when I walked in.

We went into the dentist room I sat down on the reclining chair thing and she did some preliminary work on me as anyone would go through when going to a dentist (like getting xray photos of your teeth). From the very start she was smiling and giggled every once in a while. At one point she said, also giggling, "You crack me up". I was reluctant to flirt with her because it would have felt a little weird. We talked a little and I joked around a little, but didn't mess with her or anything (wasn't that brave then). She was new, so when she was trying to adjust the equipment and whatnot she always needed help from the dentist. I almost started to move around on purpose to make her frustrated (in a flirtatious way). I talked to her a little bit about where she went to school. I said "You must be a grad student" and she responded with "Well, sort of, I went to this dental school called...", smiling and giggling some.

That was about it before she was done with me and the dentist came in. I caught her name (the dentist asked for her at one point) but that was it.

I'm not really up to another relationship attempt right now (sort of just got out of one), but I'm curious if she was just being friendly or if she had a thing for me? We definitely liked being in each other's presense.

Well this definatley seems like she is interested in you, because she was flirting with you. Or maybe it was that she breathed in some laughing gas from a previous patient?

I'd say if you are interested in starting something with her, maybe get your friend to punch you in your teeth so you can visit her again, joking!

I don't really know how you would approach a woman like this outside of work, anyone else?

Sorry, I re-read your post.. and you're not looking for a relationship.

But yeah, it does seem like she was flirting with you, so when you are ready for a relationship.. this is how girls flirt, for future reference

Now you'll be more experienced for the next sexy dental assistant out there.

...this is how girls flirt, for future reference

Lol I knew she was flirting with me. It's just not all girls/women do it by means of attraction but because they are flirtatious (but at the dentist I would think otherwise?). I only knew her for 20 minutes so I can't take any guesses.

And yes like I've read so many times before, the only true way to find out would have been to ask her out but that would have taken a lot more guts than I had and plus it was waaaay too soon to do that. I don't know if I liked her enough to even consider dating her.

If I ever do get interested in her again later on (taking a breather for the next month or so), what would be the most unstalkerish way of getting in touch with her that doesn't involve going to the dentist after "accidentally" injuring myself?

That's what I was wondering myself, because that's a tough place.. because you cannot just walk in.

This is where i'd seek opinions from the pro's.. such as DN, Hope75, and annie24. they've helped me through a lot, and im sure if you PM them, they will give you some excellent pointers.

Ah hah! A Challenge!

Im going to take a stab at this. I think the best thing to do would be to call the office if it wasent too long ago and ask for her, even if you have to describe her over the phone. Then if you get her, try to get her to remember you and go from there. Thats really the only least threatning move i can think of.