SO SCARED!!

Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right place for this or if anyone has experienced it or can offer advice but I’m desperate. I’m a 33F, 5’4 in height, and weighing about 180. Lately I have been literally TERRIFIED and anxiety stricken. I’ve been having blood in stool, lower abdomen pain, thin stools, and now back pain as well. Of course the first thing that comes up on Google is Colon cancer. I know they tell you to stay off of the internet as it will scare you to death but I am completely beside myself just thinking about that being the case. How would I tell my family and friends? My nieces that absolutely adore and look up to me??? This is eating me alive and it literally brings me to tears to think about!! I know the only thing I can do is get checked out and I do have an appointment this Wednesday. But I will be a ball of nerves and anxiety until then. I’m barely able to focus on other tasks because this has completely consumed my thoughts. I am absolutely terrified. Does anyone know what else could cause these symptoms? I’ve seen a couple of conditions but nothing seems to ease my nerves. God help me.

47 minutes ago, Kand0909 said:

Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right place for this or if anyone has experienced it or can offer advice but I’m desperate. I’m a 33F, 5’4 in height, and weighing about 180. Lately I have been literally TERRIFIED and anxiety stricken. I’ve been having blood in stool, lower abdomen pain, thin stools, and now back pain as well. Of course the first thing that comes up on Google is Colon cancer. I know they tell you to stay off of the internet as it will scare you to death but I am completely beside myself just thinking about that being the case. How would I tell my family and friends? My nieces that absolutely adore and look up to me??? This is eating me alive and it literally brings me to tears to think about!! I know the only thing I can do is get checked out and I do have an appointment this Wednesday. But I will be a ball of nerves and anxiety until then. I’m barely able to focus on other tasks because this has completely consumed my thoughts. I am absolutely terrified. Does anyone know what else could cause these symptoms? I’ve seen a couple of conditions but nothing seems to ease my nerves. God help me.

Sorry to hear that you’re not feeling well. As far as your symptoms go, no one can really tell you for sure what your diagnose is except your doctor. He/she will likely order a colonoscopy and perhaps some other tests as well and examine you. Youve done all you can do right now so just try to relax until Wednesday; it will come faster than you think…Vesna

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vesna said:

Sorry to hear that you’re not feeling well. As far as your symptoms go, no one can really tell you for sure what your diagnose is except your doctor. He/she will likely order a colonoscopy and perhaps some other tests as well and examine you. Youve done all you can do right now so just try to relax until Wednesday; it will come faster than you think…Vesna

Hi, and thank you for the encouragement. I know the only thing I can do is wait for the appointment but mind has been racing all week. Thanks again 

There could be any number of issues that are benign, very treatable, but also more urgently dangerous.

I'd be less focused on self-diagnosis and more concerned about a secondary condition that can occur from delaying treatment called Peritonitis, which can kill you with toxins as quickly as a burst appendix .

Don't play around with waiting for appointments, just get to an emergency room.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, when I replied to your post last night, it was late and I was quite tired. After reading your post again and then catfeeders response, I think catfeeder is right; you should go to the emergency room. While I doubt it’s a burst appendix/peritonitis, your symptoms of abdominal and back pain are concerning…Vesna

11 hours ago, Kand0909 said:

I’ve been having blood in stool, lower abdomen pain, thin stools, and now back pain as well.

FWIW, a few years ago I had similar symptoms and it was a kidney infection and I was placed on antibiotics.

These symptoms coming on suddenly would suggest it's not cancer but rather an infection which can spread quickly as evidenced by the fact that you're now experiencing back pain. 

Don't mess around with your health!

It could be anything, there is no need to jump to cancer although I understand the impulse, it IS scary! 

i encourage you to go to ER or Urgent Care immediately and fingers crossed it's nothing serious!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vesna said:

While I doubt it’s a burst appendix/peritonitis, your symptoms of abdominal and back pain are concerning

Right, but the goal is to get diagnosed and treated before such a thing might occur. So don't wait days for an appointment while the condition worsens.

• Like 1

Blood in stool can be any number of issues including something like hemorrhoids. That is why you get a check up at the doctor, they get you a colonoscopy and see what is going on. And not consult Google AI MD.