Why following my friend?

I broke up with my ex three months ago. Yesterday, a close friend informed me that my ex is active on her social media, reacting to her posts. She assumed we were still together, but I clarified that we've been broken up for a while. I find it confusing because he wasn't friend with her or in contact while we were dating. Why would he starts following my best friend now?

5 minutes ago, LINDA said:

I broke up with my ex three months ago. Yesterday, a close friend informed me that my ex is active on her social media, reacting to her posts. She assumed we were still together, but I clarified that we've been broken up for a while. I find it confusing because he wasn't friend with her or in contact while we were dating. Why would he starts following my best friend now?

Because he's looking to hookup with her eventually. Your friend needs to block/delete him. 

10 minutes ago, LINDA said:

, a close friend informed me that my ex is active on her social media, reacting to her posts. She assumed we were still together, but I clarified that we've been broken up for a while Why would he starts following my best friend now?

Please ask your friends and family to delete and block him. It's good you are notifying people that the relationship is over. Why is this friend allowing this and why was she unaware that you broke up? 

11 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Because he's looking to hookup with her eventually. Your friend needs to block/delete him. 

She already dating someone else and she accepted to follow him only cuz she thinks we still together.. i dont know is it normal to tell her to block him or i just let things go? 

7 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Please ask your friends and family to delete and block him. It's good you are notifying people that the relationship is over. Why is this friend allowing this and why was she unaware that you broke up? 

We are best friends but we both are busy with our lives that why i perefered to tell her in person.. but i was surprised he starts following here after we break up..that have no sense 

15 minutes ago, LINDA said:

We are best friends but we both are busy with our lives that why i perefered to tell her in person.. but i was surprised he starts following here after we break up..that have no sense 

Lots of guy don't care if someone has a BF. Whatever the reason it's shady. 

It doesn't matter his reason. If it were me, I'd say to my best friend: Please feel free to delete him off your social media now that you know we're broken up.

If she's your best friend, she will do that in solidarity. If she doesn't, maybe you two aren't as close as you assumed. Be honest that it makes you uncomfortable. You shouldn't have to walk on eggshells around a best buddy.

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, LINDA said:

It seems to make sense because you never informed her about your break-up. It's unclear why a simple text to a "good friend" about a break-up was difficult. Now that you've told her ask her to delete and block him.