Can't stop thinking about ex

So, yeah, hello, hope you who reads this have a good day :). Long story short, My ex and i were in close to 1 year relationship, but some things happened and we broke up, i will try to explain best i can. So we met eachother on carneval last year in like April, trought close friend of ours and ik i can't say this, that's on other people to say or see, but after that day, everything was perfect, normal, how it is supposed to be i guess in a  healty relationship. I am 22 years old and she is 24. We started dating and like i said everything was good, normal etc... She is living in third country, so like 600+km from me, so most of the time of our relationship, it was long distance and trough the telephone and stuff. I guess that's what you can only do when it's long distance. So in May, she returned to her home and we didn't saw eachother for like 3 months and then she came from the college pause (it's weird in my country with school, don't mind it haha) and we were together for like 2 whole months and that was amazing, again everything normal, good etc. Then started the "downfall" if i can name it like that :c. She returned to her home and we planned my trip after 30-ish days pass, to her home, and yeah i flew to her country, best time of my life honestly at that point. But (always that BUT), my dad was very ill, last stadium of cancer in his mouth, i don't know what's it called, but yeah, he was very ill about that time when i went to my gf, not to mention that that's like 2 whole years long, his battle with it so yeah. Third day with me being now with my gf in her home in like third country from mine hahaha, i get call from my mom that my dad passed away. I returned to my country... So you can guess, i hope, what next was happening. I was not there emotionally for my girlfriend, our relationship got so formally and idk what to call it literally, but sad, no communication, i caged my self somehow in myself and didn't let her help me or anything at all. And after 3 months of us not having a proper relationship and not communicating; i felt like we were some strangers at that point; she broke up with me cause it was brutal for her, and i can only imagine honestly, put yourself in her shoes. But, everytime we met after brake up or messaging or whatever, she always is implying on that like who knows what can happen in year, two, three, soooo yeah. Now my question is why after like whole year, and after all the stuff, why i can't let go of her, always thinking about her, and being letargic without a reason, only cause thinking of her. I even did like a student season job for 3 months and it did not helped at all. I was thinking maybe it will move my thoughts away but that was not the result, and not to talk with every other thing i do to forget about her, it's just not helping, even after a whole year now. How can i have feelings for her at this point.  I know it just was a bad timing, like she said when we were breaking up, but yeah, what am i hoping for here.

19 minutes ago, lilipard7 said:

. I am 22 years old and she is 24.  She is living in third country, so like 600+km from me, so most of the time of our relationship, 

Sorry this is happening. Condolences on your father. Are you back home working and going to school? Do you live with your family/mother? 

How often did you see this woman after you met during carnival?  Were you on holiday or visiting her country? Are either of you dating locally? Do you speak the same language?

Distance relationships are difficult, lonely, expensive and frustrating.  Especially when you only meet up a few times and there is no reasonable possibility of eventually having a real in person relationship. 

Unfortunately although you liked her and had fun, there were too many obstacles and incompatibilities to make things work out. Free both yourselves so you are both free to date locally.

On 10/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this is happening. Condolences on your father. Are you back home working and going to school? Do you live with your family/mother? 

How often did you see this woman after you met during carnival?  Were you on holiday or visiting her country? Are either of you dating locally? Do you speak the same language?

Distance relationships are difficult, lonely, expensive and frustrating.  Especially when you only meet up a few times and there is no reasonable possibility of eventually having a real in person relationship. 

Unfortunately although you liked her and had fun, there were too many obstacles and incompatibilities to make things work out. Free both yourselves so you are both free to date locally.

Thank you so much for your replay. So yeah i am back home going to college and living alone in other city where i go to college, my mom is living in my hometown. So after that carneval where we met, we saw each other only then when she came after the college pause and was with me for like 2 whole months. I was visiting her country more like going to her cause we planned that i come to her, first time on flight and that stuff. But yeah we speak same language, we are from same hometown to be precise, we met on that carneval which took place in our hometown, we have literally the same friend group, but never met before that point, and yeah. I guess i just have to go forward and try not to forget about it, but make myself stronger? and live with that as it was some nice memory or something like that.