10 years together, he married someone before and never divorced.

Prepare as this is long.

So, I have been with my partner for about 10 years now. I have 1 daughter from a previous relationship. They have 1 daughter from a previous married relationship. Where they had gotten married to get a green card to stay in the USA and not have to go back to Russia. Well she got pregnant and left at 7months to go back to Russia to be with her family. Left him behind and didn't tell her family she had gotten married as she had a fiance back in Russia. He moved there to be with her and his daughter for about 2 years I believe. Things didn't work out between them so he left and came back to the US. He had little to no contact with them for a while. I met him about a year or 2 after he came back. We started a relationship and thing have been rocky. He said for the past 10 years he would divorce her and still has yet to do so. I have been holding onto the fact that this was said multiple times. We have broken up a few times and I have told him I need him to get the divorce finalized. He kept promising and I kept taking him back. I had seperate relationship during the 6 months we were apart that didn't go well and I ended up back with him. Which brings me to the current period where we have been together now mostly on [besides the 6 months we were apart, other times we broke up was only about a week apart] for about 10 years total. I guess my question is since we have a son together now and we raise both our son and my daughter together if he truely doesn't get the divorce should I just leave him and be a single parent? 

P.S. I am the one who makes the most money. He works a part time minimum wage job. 

I mean he is the father of your child so you co-parent -the child deserves to be with both parents of course.  Does he want to marry you and do you want to marry him? Does he pay child support for his child? See his child? He is married to her because he wants to be.  He knows how to make things happen.  He made a baby with you. He holds down a job so he knows how to get to work on time and do his work satisfactorily.

I'd stop supporting him financially however and stop taking him back. If you want a person who keeps his promises he is not the man for you.  You are with a married man who is not financially stable and who is not an involved parent with his child it seems- includiing financially. However I would split and make sure for your child's sake that you co-parent amicably.

• Like 1