Does work colleague like me?

Chenpars40

Hey there

I'm a 40 year old single gay guy in upstate New York. I've spoken to a guy I like a few times at work parties and I feel we connected quite a bit. He looks to be early 30s. He said I could message him on the work chat which I did. We just had a brief conversation in it, I drove it really and he didn't ask anything, so not sure if he just wants to be friendly or something more. He may have been busy, but I keep thinking about it.

He did say if I didn't message that he would message me himself so do you think he may like me? I keep thinking about the age gap as well but I know that doesn't have to be a barrier. Hes in local gay groups so know hes gay

Thanks

1 minute ago, Chenpars40 said:

Also he said 'heyyy', how could that be interpreted?

Oooooooooh, 3 "y"? That is a good sign. 

Kidding. Doesnt really mean a thing. You are trying to approach this like its some kind of cryptic message. And its really not. If he hasnt really took an interest and asked questions, he isnt really interested in anything but work relations. And would suggest to keep it that way. Work relationship can get messy if they go awry.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Chenpars40 said:

He said I could message him on the work chat which I did.  Hes in local gay groups so know hes gay

Are you a member of any of these groups? See if he wants to go for a drink to find out more, such as if he's in a relationship, open to dating coworkers or dating in general. 

I wouldn't rush to try interpreting anything so prematurely, you'll drive yourself bonkers. Consider him a work friend and develop that the same as you would with an elder woman or anyone else. Grab lunches, take afternoon health walks outside the building. Learn more about one another and whether you synch in any personal or professional ways. From there you can better learn how you'll want to regard this relationship along with any potential risks to your career there.

• Like 1