Need advice on my boyfriend's communication

I’m a guy and if I’m in a relationship with someone I’m genuinely interested in, I most definitely would not make her wait 2 days for a response, I find that very disrespectful.

Have a nice, non confrontational conversation with him and explain how his delayed responses make you feel.

if he doesn’t respect that, unfortunately he’s not for you.

On 12/15/2022 at 2:39 AM, wadadada said:

I have never accused my current boyfriend of cheating (or been angry to him about the texting), but because of the way my previous relationship affected me I have becoming anxious about the fact that he might be cheating because of the way he’s texting behaviour has changed lately in combination with him being private about his phone on the regular. When I quickly tried bringing up in a conversation that his texting has been slower and slower, he apologised and told me that his work has been crazy lately.

What's worrisome is your anxiety and 'trust', due to your past. This shouldn't be.  Do you think that maybe you aren't ready to be involved again yet? ( by sounds of it, the negative effects from your last relationship is spilling over into this one...).

As for his 'lack' of texting, why can't you two actually do a real phone call at least once a week?   Maybe he isn't a fan of texting much.  Not everyone is.

Communication IS necessary!  How is he when you two are together?  Does he talk to you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!!!

I just came to the realisation that I never updated on this story (for which I apologise lol)

I ended up being so fed up with the situation that I broke up with him shortly after our Christmas trip. I don't think he ever cheated on me, but if he is THIS busy with work he should just focus on that instead of also trying to date me. It's like a switch in my head suddenly clicked and made me realise I want to be with someone who can and will (at least to a normal extent lol) be able to properly communicate and spend time with me.

I'd like to thank every single response I've gotten here, made me able to put things into perspective xoxo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, wadadada said:

It's like a switch in my head suddenly clicked and made me realise I want to be with someone who can and will (at least to a normal extent lol) be able to properly communicate and spend time with me.

This is terrific news, Wada, and thank you for thinking of us and letting us know.

Sometimes lightbulb clarity gets delayed when we are too focused like a laser beam on one person, even though that person will never give what we want and deserve.

You fell out of love with an illusion and decided instead to expand your vision to find your RIGHT match. That's wonderful, and best wishes.

• Like 1