Found very explicit Reddit posts from wife's relationship with ex

26 minutes ago, kreed said:

believe she was in love with him, and sometimes misses him. I believe that's why she has taken this so personally

Why are you in a serious relationship with someone who misses her ex boyfriend and even was intimate with him during your "break?"  Is this denial related to your reluctance to do a paternity test?

I disagree with a lot of what's being said here. I think if you take a break then you are both free to see and do whatever you like. I also know that a lot of people will turn to someone who's a sure thing sexually to help them turn their stress and mental anguish off for a moment. 

Another point of view I have is that if she had 'the best sex of her life' with this guy, then it didn't work out for them... then he was lacking the emotional satisfaction that she required. Having great sex isn't the be all and end all - we all need a lot more than that. So that being said... they had great sex, and if she needed to take her mind off things while you took a break, of course she would choose him for a romp. Hooking up with strangers is potentially dangerous and you're not guaranteed a good time. So OF COURSE she would go for the safest option. 

I also know from experience that sex with various people is never the same. Each person you're with is different, and if you have a great connection and great sex then this is great! It's just different from another person. 

I think the past should be left alone. I also think getting a paternity test at this late stage is adding fuel to the fire. You've been dad for 6 years, keep being dad. 

• Like 1

I'll just say as far as not getting a paternity test is playing with fire as far as what could happen in the future. And something disastrous did happen to my co-worker just a few years ago, when he was about 58. He and his wife did the ancestry DNA tests, and he found out the father who raised him was not his biological father. 

It's shocking news as an adult to find out these things, even as it doesn't affect the love. On the flip side, it's not jarring for a child who is told in a casual way when they're old enough to understand, in terms that someone their age can understand. To me, it's unethical not to share those facts with someone who deserves to know the truth.