ok....

back story: i was cutting pretty bad in 9ths grade. parents found out and i stopped.

10th grade- i didnt do it at all

now in 11th grade....... i started cutting a few months ago but not too bad. my bf/ fiance is going through a hard time and he started doing it too. its not like something we do together or anything, but weve both been trying to stop..... i cut last night and he cut last week..... hes been doing it worse than I have, but mines gotten pretty bad and his is starting to stop. i dont wanna talk to him about it becuase i know it will only make things worse for him........... what can i do to stop myself. i keep telling myself to stop for him..... but ugh its just complicated and i cant stop myself.......

ok dear. i am pretty sure anyone in here will tell you that you will go back to it agian. any habit drugs anything people go back. doesn't mean give up. as i'm sure you can see i've posted my topics about cutting and i've replyed to more. ok i understand you don't want to let him down, but you can't stop for someone else you have to really want to stop for you. and if you do it agian that doesn't mean give up. honesty many people here and allover will tell you do this try this. and yes it may work, but its better if you do something to take your mind off of it. if you start another habit and then you try to stop that you might go back to it agian. sorry if this doesn't help. good luck

• 4 weeks later...

just think if you can stop you can help him stop... right? when do you cut? when your mad, sad, frustrated... ETC. when you feel yourself want to cut go outside and find a strong stick(weird i know but stay with me here) and go out somewhere where no one will see you and start beating the crap out of trees and bushes and fences.... or you can IM me on AIM, or Yahoo and yell at me to help blow off steam. let me know if any of this helps. i can think of more suggestions if u need them lol LOTS OF LUCK AND LOVE!!!

• 1 month later...