i Suck at conversations

why dont you get into deeper meaning topics with your gf that will allow the both of you to think and formulate opinions. You can get controversial topics from newspapers, the national news, the internet. This is something that you are going to have to figure out for yourself, because what happens when you run out of suggestions you get on here? You should also know that you dont have to be the conversation starter, communication is important but that doesnt mean you have to try so hard, it should be more natural.

Instead of how was your day, how about saying "What did you do today?". That's better and leads to some talking. How was your day can be ended in a word. It's pathetic.

I agree witht his, I find that when u ask directly she starts to talk about specific things. One time I told a girl I talk to I wanted to know ever single thing she did, kinda of a joke, but guess what?- she told me the specifics, like what time she woke up, EVRYTHING, and that will give you an edge, then when u feel the chnace, u can jump in, interrupt, and maybe branch off, ask a question to something else, then when and if that dies, you can go back to what she did, or tell her to keep going...

Can't believe I jus gave someone advice about conversations, I'm not so good myself, but this part I have down, taking it step by step.