seriously insecure about my butt

I have a big sacral fat pad over my booty, it makes me look a bit strange in all my pants. I’ve been grappling with this insecurity for years, and the only way I see out of it is liposuction. But I don’t want to go under the knife, yet I feel like I can never be loved with this deformity. It’s probably a bit dramatic but I’m just super upset about it. I feel trapped and like I can’t ever change it because it’s one of those things you can’t get rid of permanently but it’s so hard to look at, i never feel nice. does anyone have any idea how to fix this or have any idea how to not draw attention to my butt?

Have you considered looking into other cuts of pants? If my brief research is anywhere close to correct (ha), it looks like most modern pants are cut to ride on that sacral pad. Oddly enough it might be worth looking into some  early 20th century pants, they rise higher in the back and wear differently.

edwardian.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, OP. It's not "a bit dramatic" to be worried about something like this. Do not fall into the "my feelings are stupid" or "I'm a burden" traps. Your feelings are valid and you are definitely welcome to vent here. 

As for the sacral pad, I'm not too familiar with exactly what that is, but I am really sorry you are dealing with that and the associated insecurities. Is this something you can see yourself coming to terms with eventually? And would surgery - assuming it is a sure fix - really be that bad? If you have a way to ameliorate something that is causing you immense stress, and that way happens to be surgery, it may be well worth considering.