What should I do ?

Hello. I am 16 year old boy. When I was at last years of elementary school I really liked one girl in my class. She was pretty, clever and also she was really well behaved. She wasnt one of that instagram girls trying to get as many likes and have many frends to go out and smoke, drink all friday night. But I am a very shy person and I wasnt able to even talk to her much, not even ask her somewhere. And lastly, covid started so I wasnt able to see her anymore. So elementary school ended and we went to different high schools in the same city. I couldnt stop thinking about her, but I thought that in new school, new enviroment I will stop thinking of her over time. But I didnt. Now I am at second year and I think about her every day and I decided that I have to do something. At least try. But we are in different schools now and chance that I will be able to meet her going home is very low. Only way I can contact her is by facebook messanger where I can find her account usinh our old class group. But we rarely talked to eachother and have never texted her. I would really liked to have any conversation with her but I am really shy irl and also on the internet so I really dont know what to text her, how to start anything. And that is what I need help for. I will be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

After, as Wiseman2 said, you send her a friend request, ask her questions about school or her life. But most importantly listen to what she has to say. Also don't be afraid to be yourself, as shy and awkward as you may think that is. If she's interested you two will find something to chat about.

It can be a huge nerve wracking experience the first venture into dating, but it will help you down the road. Best of luck!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Coily said:

send her a friend request

That is great idea. I think that would be a good start, but when I click to open her profile on facebook this shows up :

This Content Isn't Available Right Now

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

I can chat with her, but I just cant open her profile and dont know how to send the request. Do you know what could cause this ?

6 minutes ago, MartinHalaj said:

That is great idea. I think that would be a good start, but when I click to open her profile on facebook this shows up :

This Content Isn't Available Right Now

When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.

I can chat with her, but I just cant open her profile and dont know how to send the request. Do you know what could cause this ?

Could be many things. She could have lots of restrictions on who can see her profile, not uncommon. Doubt it's a block since you can still message her. I would say start with the chat, a simple "hey remember me from X class?" As it's been a while let her take time to respond, don't hound her for a response as you will get no where and come off as a jerk.

Do play some catch up with her IF she wants to chat.