any good books on How to be funny!!!

Just wondering ! Any good reads out there on how to be funner ! Now . . . i don't mean, a horse walks into a bar kind of funny . . . but that spontaneous kind of funny. Just a way of throwing humor into an average conversation !

look at stand up comedians and notice something, they make fun of things you see every day, they exagerate a little but mostly funny things that happen or we don't stop to see the funny side of it.. i don't think you need a book to make you funny, a book will teach you jokes, but what are the odds of a situation you read in a book to come up ? people say im funny, but all i do is talk to people, listen to what they think is funny , and go from there, humor varies from person to person, what is funny to me, might not be for you, so my suggestion to you is , just listen and look at the funny side of life, one important thing, DONT OVER DO IT.... people like a funny person but hate the clowns, ....

If you listen to stand up comedians you'll also notice the way they say things. Through context what they say is just not funny. Example:

"Oh, I'm so excited to be here!"

Not a very funny thing through text, but if a totally mellow comedian comes on and says it in a calm, sleepy voice, it's sure to draw out laughs.

The key to being funny. Hmmm... I think you should say random things, whatever just pops in your head first. Seriously, it's funny. Don't do it so often that you get irritating, spring it on 'em when they least expect it.

And you should have some funny stories, even if you're not too funny naturally, then you can tell stories to get laughs. They're also a good way to liven up a dull party. Oh- but if you're telling a funny story to drunks, try to shorten it some. They seem to have short attention spans.

Hope this helps some, good luck.

Well how I'm humorous is I mix a hint of sillyness with creativity, a hint of vulgarity, and exaggeration. Basically you build up on a joke. It helps to know a lot about everything and to watch TV a lot. Some people it comes naturally, some people have to work really hard at it to get it. Most of all though you have to have a lot of creativity.

Yea...like 'killercat' says...like comedians, there's not really books you can read...its more like a skill that's learned, and its an awesome tool for flirting hah! Take little things...and BLOW them up..exaggerate things...learn to use that sarcastic tone so people know you're kidding when you 'seem' to cross the line. It's fun...I've gotten pretty good at it lately to the fact that I don't really have to think about it at all now...its just part of me.

Yea...like 'killercat' says...like comedians, there's not really books you can read...its more like a skill that's learned, and its an awesome tool for flirting hah! Take little things...and BLOW them up..exaggerate things...learn to use that sarcastic tone so people know you're kidding when you 'seem' to cross the line. It's fun...I've gotten pretty good at it lately to the fact that I don't really have to think about it at all now...its just part of me.

ha . . . well yes . . . i'm trying to use it to flirt more than anything else. I can be pretty funny when my confidence is soring. I tend to have to think before it comes to me thought. I want it to be natural !

Humor can not be learned from a book, through watching others, practice, etc. Being funny is a state of mind. We all carry a sense of humor, we are all funny. The thing is that what some of us finds funny, others won't. I turn on Comedy Central and find 98% of what's on there NOT funny. I have a different sense of humor then most. But someone will appreciate your sense of humor, no matter what it is. The thing is to not be discouraged by those who don't.

Also, don't try to be funny. The funniest things are things that come out without you thinking. If you try to be funny, you'll fail.