i have a friend who is my best friend but i am not sure if i am his. I used to be sexually attracted to him, but i think i am over it. I love him so much.

I always find myself wanting to snuggle or hug him but i am not sexually attracted to him, for example, i dont want to have sex or anything, i just want to be close. ( if that makes sense).

He is the most amazing friend in the world but i sometimes get jealous when he spends time with other friends or if he invites someone to his house without inviting me. I know that sounds a bit obsessive but its how i feel.

Are these feelings normal for a best friend? or do i still love him?

Decado,

I like snuggling with some of my friends, and I'm not romantically attracted to them. I love them like sisters, and I feel comfortable being close with them.

The jealously you feel may be a sign that you are still somewhat in love, but sometimes best friends do get jealous, even if there is no sexual attraction.

Do your feelings for your friend stop you from being open to finding a boyfriend? If so, then you are probably still in love with him.

i am not actually out yet. i still like the opposite sex but its just that i have been to a boys school all my life so i am kinda bi.

It doesn't stop me from finding anyone, its that he is the only person i have ever loved and i have never had a relationship. i also have a constant need to be around him, so i find excuses to call him and stuff.

i like other people in my school (well one person) but i dont think anything will happen coz i am not sure if he is gay.

thanks, decado

Decado,

Are there any gay/bi youth groups where you live? Most cities do have them. You could check online for a PFLAG group in your area (Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), as they could really help you out in terms of finding resources, groups, support, etc. PFLAG's main website is link removed.

Good luck!