i'm in a long distance relationship that sometimes really gets me mad. sometimes i feel like he isn't there when i need him to be around. sometimes i feel that his problems are more important then mine. i hate it when he is away, but i love the time that we do have together. sometimes i get so impatient waiting to see him again, alot of times i ask myself if it's all worth it. i wonder what he is doing when i am away. i wonder if i'm nuts to be in love with someone that lives so far away. the waiting to be together again seems like forever. this is so hard, does anybody else feel this way?

i know im younger than u and sow forth but i was in an extremly simlilar relationship as u. to tell u the truth i made a mistake, i dumped her couse i thouhgt i would have it better wit someone close by to me, i thouhgt i knew some people who liked me and i thouhg i could grow to like them more than friends, turns out after i dumped her they didnt like me after all, and ever scince muy life ha sbeen pretty hectic. so take some advice stay together its worth it, as long as u both love eachother, it will work out. dont be like me and want more, i wish i still had wut i once had, and wut sux, is my bro is going out wit my ex's sister so now i still c her every few months, i meen im stil friends wit her and her friends who i have met tell me that shes completely ove rme and so now im screwed for askin her baq out.. dont be like me keep wut u have and cherish it

hey seabisquit,

i use to feel like that, and my ex use to feel like that when we were in our ldr. in the end, i think she just found someone else to alleviate all those feelings and doubts you just mentioned above.

i think you have to concentrate or work on your own lives when you two are apart (i.e., develop new hobbies, make new friends, etc...), don't worry or stress to much about your partner when you're apart. like my friend who has been in an ldr for 5 YEARS!!, he just works alot when they are apart, and dido for his partner. but they still talk to each other everyday, and spend 4 months together in the summer.

anyways, good luck. hang in there.

kung fu

SeaBisquit,

I totally understand your feelings. I used to feel that way a lot, especially in the beginning every time right after he left. My bf did give me the feeling that I'm always in his heart, no matter how far we are apart, but that was cold comfort.

In the meantime, I've got used to the situation of being in an ldr. Not as a long-term solution, I couldn't to it for another 2 years. But at the moment it's fine. We are both very involved with your jobs and have an active social life. Spending my time with my friends is very important to me and I'll keep that up even when we move together.

Yes, sometimes I get home after a hard day and wish he could just hold me in his arms and tell me everything's alright. But at least, when things get too bad, I can send him an 'emergency message' and he'll call me as soon as he can. I know how much he cares about me. This makes me endure the 1000s of miles between us.

I wish the two of you all the best!

Zimetra

I agree. My b/f and I are separated by 9,000 miles! Its hard to imagine how we do it but we've done it for a year already. We have expressed our worries an doubts. It hangs on him getting a job in the states and it is difficult because when he sends his resume to people - they look at the fact he is so far away and they don't consider him when he is more than qualified for positions. I try to convince him to come home but we know that career-wise he has to stay there for now. And I have to stay here. I applied for a job there and it didn't work out. I have faith we can do it and you can too. Just keep yourself busy while he is away. Go out with your friends, join a book club, cooking club, something like that. Just to keep you busy and at the same time relax a little bit.

Good luck!

jules