Any Advice on Possibly Getting Girl Back?

Hi.

Im 18 years old, and my ex girlfriend is 3 months away from becoming 17. She was everything to me, but last week I became nothing to her. See my story is, we had been in a healthy, strong, loving relationship for 6 months. She's the reason I graduated from high school, motivating me to get my grades up and go to school, and do it. She was there for me always and I was there for her always. Now, most people would think that both of us are too young and we should both be having fun, exploring other things, and meeting new people, but she is everything I want and everything I can't have now. We had our anniversary 2 days before she broke up with me. We exchanged gifts, because we felt it was a good part of the relationship to celebrate. Then the next day we had gone out on a date and to the movies, and then went to hang out at her place like we always do on a Sunday. The next day, I call her before she goes to school at 6 AM, and tell her I love her, and she told me the same back. 12 hours later, I get a phone call that informs me I no longer will be with the love of my life. Now, it would be much easier to accept the breakup, if I knew what went wrong. She told me that she was too young, that she didnt want a boyfriend anymore and that she didnt want to be serious anymore. That she didnt have time for her family and friends. But, she showed no signs of even wanting to be without me, she told me nothing before this day that there were problems where she needed space. She just ended it. If she had told me we needed to take some space away from each other, I would've gladly given her some, but its like she didnt want me anymore. Her family treats her like shes nothing, her father doesnt care, and her mother has her own life. She only really hangs out with 1 of her friends, because thats the only friend always there for her. And throughout our whole relationship, she had told me how she would hate to live a life without me, that it was hard even imagining it.

I want her back so badly, because we were so perfect together, nothing was wrong, and I was always there for her, more than anyone else. I'm not too young to know what I want, and I know when I looked into her eyes, I didnt believe she was either. If anyone has actually read this whole thing and cares one bit, I'd like to know if they have gone through something like this, and if so, do they know what the problem could be? Most people will probably laugh because we are this young and not supposed to be serious, but I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't want to be anymore. Any help would be wonderful, because I feel totally sick and terrible inside.

Sorry for the length, but to understand my problem, you must understand the story.

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

What the heck is the matter with these women and anniversaries?

I had dated a lady for almost exactly one year when she decided that she wanted to end it. Out of the fricking blue to me but just a day before our first year anniversary. Needless to say, I was a little...

I also thought everything was going great. We were engaged to be married June 15th,2003. Suddenly she decided there just simply wasn't enough time for her to get out with her friends and family.

I never once told her she couldn't go hang out with her friends, so what the hell? 8)

July 16th came and our lease was ending so I went my way and she went to live with her brother accross town.

At first I handled it fairly cool, 8) because she called me a few times to tell me she thought she maight be making a big mistake, but still felt it necessary to take a break from one another. I felt confident that we would end up back together because like I said, It was a great relationship. We had few fights and none of them were that serious.

A month later we decided to meet for dinner. I thought this was to be a step back toward reunion. I thought wrong. At the end of what seemed a great date, I asked her if we coould start making small steps toward getting back together. She said, " Dave, I can't right now". I assked, "When do you think you'll be ready"? She answered, "I don't know, maybe six months to a year if we do at all".

At this point she was crying and then I too felt some of my own tears making their way down my face. I hated that emotional build up deciding this was the time to make me cry...right in front of her. So I'm sure she thought I was weak for allowing myself to cry. Still, this changed nothing in her mind that would lean toward us getting back together.

Here it is over 2.5 months later, and I'm having as much trouble now as I was before dealing with this breakup. That is what brought me to this forum. I hope I could find a little inspiratrion and hope, but know deep inside all hope I have is futile in returning her to me.

If it is to happen, it will come directly from her heart and mind. Not because I begged her to come back. Because I know with all my heart, I didn't do anything to harm our relationship- to cause her to want to end it. It is something she decided(Like so many other women do) - the grass is greener and has more freedom on the other side of the fence.

Well folks, I hope you all find some wizdom from the sacrafice your hearts made. Take care and God bless you!

Dave