First date topics

allsmiles87

I'll tell you what not to discuss ; prenups and finances. If you want to make a joke, print out some pages of anything you want at home and bring it with you in a folder and just put it on the table, while asking her, "so, did you bring your financial statements?"; that will probably make her laugh.

Generally, I think don't ask anything you have found / or can find on her on Google / dating profiles / other media. Work is usually a no-no because it can get boring 0 to 100 very quickly, so just start the thing off with something not serious, like look over here, that is such a cool car, or that is a cool outfit, etc.

Politics are bad, anything judgemental to anyone is bad. I'll give you a funny example, this wasn't on a date, but it could have led to a date, but it was over before it was started because I messed up in there.

I was talking to a friend of my dad's, and the topic of college / work came up, and he asked me where did I go. I told him I graduated from Penn, not Penn State, but the University of Pennsylvania. He said yeah, I know the difference, my daughter went to Penn State, not in the Ivy Leagues. Doh! I messed up lol .. So yeah, don't flex your academic or financial muscles, all that stuff is public info, if they wanted to know, they already googled you for it.

Archived