Flirting and the Workplace.

Hello all,

I'm pretty sure this happens a lot, in different types of businesses, everywhere in the world. It's been a pretty common occurrence in every job I've had.

What are your opinions on flirting at work when you're in a relationship? Where is the line drawn? Do you see it as being "okay", or would it bother you to know that your boyfriend/ girlfriend was either flirting, or being flirted with at work?

If you're the one in a relationship, do you flirt/ are flirted with?

All views appreciated.

I think that would depend on the boyfriend/girlfriend. Some couples are cool with one or the other flirting (as long it isn't used to try to become bf/gf with the person). I've had happen to me, but not at work. In fact, the girl was flirting with me with her boyfriend right beside her. Some people just don't care, honestly, but in most cases they DO.

Unless the flirting gets to the point where you get the person's digits and calling for dating purposes BEHIND your boyfriend/girlfriend's back, then I don't think it should be an issue. However, you still don't want to try and get into it without making it clear with your boyfriend/girlfriend.

Just my 2 cents.

It really depends on what type of business and job that the person has. For example if I was to date a girl that sells cell phones, I would expect her to flirt at least some. But if she was at the chasier I would expect her to be friendly for customer serivce reasons, but not flirting.

Basically any girl I dated I would expect her to flirt depending on her job and where she works at. I would do the same as well.

• 3 years later...
Hello all,

I'm pretty sure this happens a lot, in different types of businesses, everywhere in the world. It's been a pretty common occurrence in every job I've had.

What are your opinions on flirting at work when you're in a relationship? Where is the line drawn? Do you see it as being "okay", or would it bother you to know that your boyfriend/ girlfriend was either flirting, or being flirted with at work?

If you're the one in a relationship, do you flirt/ are flirted with?

All views appreciated.

I was in a relationship for 4 years with a man that thought that sexual talk/flirting was "okay" as long as he didn't actually go through with what he talked about. He was doing this with girls at work and told me that it was "just talk" and doesn't plan on going through what everything. He even went so far as giving his number out and texted them all the time and allowed them to send him naked pictures of themselves.

This was TOTALY NOT ok with me.....and it never stopped even after I caught him with the texts and pictures in his phone, it just began online with woman at work.

Which is why I WAS in this relationship