Moral support needed to get my love back.

Give her time. It looks as if she's recovering from her past relationship/marriage. My guess is that she has lost her sense of freedom and identity which is why she needs time to sort this out herself. What she's probably doing is thinking of 'who she is' and 'what she really wants'. Both of these issues can take a while before she's made her decision.

I think occasional cards from yourself as a FRIEND will keep the remembrance ongoing. But she needs to recover from her past marriage and getting into this relationship so fast. I think she's also feeling like she's loosing her independence and is looking to regain it back, simultaneously working out her identity.

She says she wants to have fun, may not mean all FUN FUN FUN, but it could be surrounding herself with people she can relate to as friends to recover.

You can offer to be there for a friend after a while but until then, have hope and be positive!!! The power of prayer is immense. Chances are she'll come back a new person. Try it.

Yes take the time and wait for a few weeks. By giving her time, you are respecting her needs. Chances are she'll respect you back for being understanding towards her. The music tickets sound like a great way of rekindling back some spirit in her but be vary she may not be ready. Don't loose hope still, i figure she might need more than 2-3 weeks to sort this one out.

Also, dont hold back on other friends. You dont have to deny friendships because they are with other women. Dont consider them dates, consider them as gatherings with friends. That way you won't feel guilty at all.

Keep your options opened because you may need to take someone else to the musical. I dont mean to sound pessimistic but remember, she needs the time out & not u

Hi doblersdream, I'm in a similar situation. I understand your dilemma with the catch-22 but I believe since you've told her how you feel and put effort into showing her how you feel (especially with your letter). If you don't call her I think she will see it as you giving her space.

Keep your head up and remember to do what makes you truly happy inside and then you will be able to take care of other factors outside of yourself (ie relationships).

Take Care.

-SD

To make things more confusing, another woman has asked me out. That's two in less than a week! I know I shouldn't complain, and that lots of people would love that. Normally I would too, but it's making things more difficult for me. I put the first off by saying I'd maybe call her sometime, but the other is a different story. I'd went with her very briefly just prior to my ex, and she is a great person. Smart, sexy and independently successful. I haven't given her an answer yet. I want to wait and resolve things either way with my ex.