Partner taking separate vacations

Timmo101

Hi, totally new to this but would love some independent advice. I’m a man of 45 from the U.K. , I’ve been in a relationship for nearly 4 years. We have lived together for 3 at her home. She has two daughters, one is 22 the other is 18. They have all decided to take a vacation in Croatia this summer, a destination I have wanted to visit for some time. They haven’t asked me to go and made it clear they wish to travel without me. This has left me hurt and a bit angry. Am I right for feeling this way or should I try and accept it? Has anyone else been in this situation? Any opinion or advice would be gladly received x

I don't see anything wrong with it. She just wants it to be her and the girls....I think that's what most mothers would want before the girls get on with their own lives. Step back and be supportive. She's not doing this out of spite. Don't be hate'n when she wants mother and daughters moments together. In any relationship like this...the kids will always come before you.

Nothing wrong with Mom and daughters trip.

The only time I got to do that was after I had my own child. My mom ,myself and my son went on a trip . We took my son who was seven at the time to one of his bucket place trips . I haven’t been on a trip with my mother since and that was 13 years ago . I hope to go on one more trip with my mom at least before she passes away .

Thanks. I know in my mind that it’s perfectly normal and I should grow up and not be hurt. Just needed to be told independently. I’ve had th worst year of my life as I lost my mom in January and feel a little bit lost in the world. Thanks for clarifying x

Gosh so sorry for your loss. Your grief is still so fresh, I can see how you would feel that way, but by the summer, you will be feeling a bit better. Instead of being sad, why not do something special with them before they go. Something fun like a short trip somewhere they can shop, and enjoy themselves as a family unit.

While they are gone rent a motorcycle and go on an excursion with a buddy. Something outside your comfort zone.

-

Exactly my intentions although the only friends I have are all settled down in ‘normal’ relationships where the do stuff with their wives and kids. I haven’t done much traveling alone and the idea scares me a bit to be honest but like you said, get out my comfort zone! I haven’t owned a motorcycle for 8 years and I do miss it so a road trip is appealing. Thanks for chatting

Archived