Did I mess up..?

boson222

So I've been going out with this girl for a while now (4-5 dates) and I like her. Last week we went out on a date and I told her I'm attracted to her and interested to have things move forward but not to rush and she agreed. But I think telling her not to rush things is a bad idea, she had to cancel our plans a day before due to college commitments. I told her that if we want things to move forward then we need to see each other. She told me that she agrees but she needs some time no fix things in her life because her life is a bit of a mess right now, and she needs to fix these things to know where she stands. She said to just give her this weekend and that we'll go out together next week. Now she previously said that we get along really well and all, and all of our dates went really well. My question is, did I mess up bad ? Can this be fixed ? I would like to know what to do, I don't want to mess this up.

NB: I mentioned her in a previous post (most recent).

i don't think you messed up. 4 or 5 dates sounds like there could be some interest. if she is pulling back, let her.

if it ends let it... its better to part ways sooner rather than later. if you chase and pine after this girl, you will be putting in more effort than she is. And that doesn't work long term.

if you are an "option" for her, then she has to be an option for you. keep dating and meeting others.

i don't think you messed up. 4 or 5 dates sounds like there could be some interest. if she is pulling back, let her.

if it ends let it... its better to part ways sooner rather than later. if you chase and pine after this girl, you will be putting in more effort than she is. And that doesn't work long term.

if you are an "option" for her, then she has to be an option for you. keep dating and meeting others.

I guess you're right. She just texted me agreeing to meet up next week

I guess you're right. She just texted me agreeing to meet up next week
that sounds good! don't get down about it. keep your chin up and keep trying to met others. sometimes our brains obsess on a person bc their lack of interest makes us feel like they must be so great. but they're not! its just like it's easier to believe an insult, than a compliment. Be kind to yourself. Believe you will meet lots of great girls and you will!

Archived