Advice ex boyfriend

anonymous0809

Try not to make this too long ..... We have been broken up almost officially a year now. We went though a lot ... It was a mutual break at first because we were moving really fast. We were very serious .. knew we wanted to spend our lives together & all that.. I have 2 children that he also loved & knew he wanted. We had one month NC post break up .... since we have basically been talking on & off. Saw each other in July of last year & basically have every month or couple months.

I have gotten so many mixed signals.

He tells me he still loves me .. & gets jealous at the thought of me with someone else & has always asked about any guys when we hang out. Stupid but likes all my social media pics & knows what other guys consistently likes them.

We have been back & forth about moving on & letting go ... I’d say this this is like the 3rd time he’s told me he ‘can’t’ be with me but then we’re back talking in a week or two .. just feels different this time. We both can’t take any more back & forth without it going anywhere.

He says things like .... ‘we’re not throwing things away, just let it go for awhile’ ‘it’s not goodbye’ ‘’maybe it will be just for awhile .. then down the road we can try again. It could happen .. just not now & idk when’ but if I do end up with someone else he says they better treat me the way I deserve which he could

I know I need to let go. I feel he will be back ... he just doesn’t want to give up his freedom & have responsibility being I have kids. We’ve been doing this for a year now .... I’m just so emotionally tired.

Sorry to hear this. Are either of you on the rebound from divorces/relationships? Where is the kids' father? Unfortunately it sounds on/off and unstable all along. You sound incompatible. It seems you want a sort of insta-family and he wants casual dating. It would be best to get off this roller coaster for you and especially your kids, and move on to someone who wants what you want.

It was a mutual break at first because we were moving really fast. I have 2 children that he also loved.
Sorry to hear this. Are either of you on the rebound from divorces/relationships? Where is the kids' father? Unfortunately it sounds on/off and unstable all along. You sound incompatible. It seems you want a sort of insta-family and he wants casual dating. It would be best to get off this roller coaster for you and especially your kids, and move on to someone who wants what you want.

No rebounds. It’s not his kids .. but their father hasn’t been around for a couple years now. Thanks for the advice, I agree with you. He just texted me this morning saying he doesn’t know if it’s the end or not. 🤦🏻♀️ I’m not replying.

Archived