Falling in love with a new friend

Hello, my name is Alejandro and I don´t know how to handle this situation:

In my new job I met a girl, I liked her but we didn´t start a friendly relationship till after one year. She told me that she thought that I was a very serious person and sometimes even a vain person, but after a year we started talking and she now considers me as a terrific person. She has told me things like it was an error to begin a serious relationship with her couple (she is not married and she has a daughter), she never loved him and that now she feels trapped. The passion is gone. The problem is that she doesn´t want to break his heart. I note that she likes being with me but at the beginning I saw her as a friend.

But now this situation has changed for me, because I started feeling something for her and I think I could have an opportunity to express her How I feel about her. I´m not in love with her but I want to avoid a bad ending.

She´s a very caring and comprehensive person and don´t want to make a mistake, I would be sorry if she take the decision to change her attitude towards me, but, by the contrary, she could react in a positive way.

I don´t know what to do

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Well, there is an old saying, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I see you posted this a long time ago, but if you are still in this situation, you must realize that she would not be confiding in you if she did not consider you a good friend, and friendship must be the basis of any worthwhile relationship.

You might tell her that you care about her, but respect her situation, and let her know that if she does decide to go on her own, you will be there for her. If she expresses feelings for you, you must make it clear that you can't get involved while she is still with another, but that you will always be a friend no matter what.

I wish you luck.