I feel lost - What do I do?

lmasterz

Hello,

I've recently been feeling lost and don't know how to go about life or what to do. I'm 30 years, well educated, above-average looking, well rounded individual I would say. I've been unemployed for almost 6 months now but I am very financially stable though.

I have also been single for a while now. I want to have a serious relationship but it's really hard to find someone since I live in a somewhat small community where everyone knows everyone. There's a 3 degrees of separation I reckon. I am also picky, and do not like to settle. I also feel I can't tell a girl I'm interested in that I'm unemployed as it's unattractive. Also, 95% of my friends are married or getting married soon which make matters worse.

I have so much time during the day and I don't know what to do with it. I don't know how to excel or how to productively use my time. I workout and play tennis. I stopped looking for a job because I loathe being an employee. I want to start my own thing but don't know in what. I recently started reading books, but I'm slacking off now. I just don't feel productive and it's killing me. I'm almost starting to feel like a failure.

Apologies for the post being all over the map, I was just speaking my mind there and then.

Has anyone been in such situation/phase and grew out of it?

I would look for volunteer opportunities and not to sound like a broken record here but I'd look to helping backstage at a community theater. Also force yourself to do at least 30 minutes of brisk cardio exercise every day, preferably in the morning - power walking/running -biking, etc.

Some suggestions for you ( I was in similar shoes, some years ago )

- build new habit, a good one. Even simple one is fine, and try to stick and enjoy it as long as you can.

- learn to be more grateful with your life. look around you, you will surely find something to be thankful for. One example I saw is: you are unemployed and yet financially stable. Isn't it cool?

- learn to do more appreciation for anything.

- try to volunteer for any cause.

- let go of your worry about getting a girlfriend or married soon. Just because most of your friends are married or getting married soon does not mean you have to follow them.

- enjoy yourself more, dude!

Archived