What does this mean???

Okay my ex and I communicate through AIM under my old alias but ever since I've gone on she will be away because she's either in class or out well anyways I check usually when I wake up in the morning because she sleeps in late and I accidently right clicked her and her profile came up, it was lyrics to a song. It's a song by The Ataris called In spite of the world. Here are the lyrics.....

I woke up from this dream to find that I was sleeping

So I went back to sleep and I dreamed I was awake.

I locked myself inside but you were on the outside

I stood outside and watched but I couldn't let you in.

Maybe you could see inside yourself.

Wrote a letter to myself, but I couldn't bare to send it.

So I tore it up and wrote a letter to a friend.

If only you could know that growing up means letting go

Maybe then you'd grow up by yourself.

I'm growing up again...

I'm learning to accept that all good things must come to an end.

I'm growing up again...

I'm trying to understand what it's like

To let go of a friend

I know it's directed to me, I think because of our break up. I just think if it is then why the hell would she put it on her profile for everyone to see? It's like she wants the whole world to know that it's over between us for good or something. Why didnt she just send them to me directly. I dunno Im just confused.

-me

It might be directed towards you. You can't really say for sure. If it is it's safe to say she does want everyone to know... She wants to be avalible. From the song it also seems like she regard it as constrictive... She seems to believe she is free to gorw now and she wasn't before.

Whether these are even her true feelings or just a song she can relate to no one can say. I say talk to her about it.

Hey...

The only thing I can say is tha I used to put stuff like that in my profile about me ex. And I don't quite totally understand those lyrics, so I can't give you good advice about what they mean (sorry). But I can say that when I put lyrics, or just quotes in my profile to try to prove to my ex that I didn't want him or that it was over...it was exactly that. Me trying to PrOVE to him that i didn't want him. So what i'm getting at is that I feel when people put stuff like that in their profile, It's not so much that they are saying I'm over you I don't want you -- its kind of like they are proving to themselve that they don't want you. But they are thinking about you and you are still on their minds, or else you wouldn't need to mention something like that.. You get what I'm saying?? WEll sorry to cut it short, my moms nagging at me...My ex wrote lyrics about me in his as well...I dunt know..maybe we can talk later and I can explaining better...

and it may just be lyrics that she likes ---mayeb she just likes the song a lot..who knows.. Dont think too much of it in the mean time...

SmilE

Yea you guys both make sense in what you say. I overanalyze things because I'm confused about why we broke up so anything I get or info from here I'm like a scientist, breaking down every little detail. Yea I think if she was really really over me and moved on she wouldnt have to put something like that on her profile. She wants people to know, well how about telling them if they ask. People may think, well if your over him then why are you still having these lyrics up? Smiles, I agree. I think she is trying to get herself over me by these lyrics because she isnt yet. I dunno, I'm still confused and sad. The funny thing is, is that she only has about 24 people on her buddy list and they are mostly girls....so I dunno, I don't believe she is trying to seem single but maybe she is trying to get the word out, I dunno!

-justaguy