I don’t know what else to do.

lonelyandhated

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for 10 months now. It hasn’t been perfect but it has been a great relationship between me and her. A couple of months back I found out I have a brain tumor so I ended up being back home for 3 months. During those 3 months she started acting weird. She wouldn’t text me or if I texted her she would open my messages and not respond. when I finally got on her about it she said she felt she should leave because she wasn’t a good gf. Literally for 2 months me and her went back and forth on this. She finally stayed and I was finally getting better and able to travel again. But just recently she’s been doing the same thing the ignoring my messages and not talking to me and she says it’s because she doesn’t want to hurt me and if she stays that’s what she would be doing. But I really love her and she won’t talk to me. she says it’s because she cares and that she does want to stay but she just can’t and I don’t know what else to do anymore. Is there any way to get her back.

People do act differently when they find out you have a life-threatening disease. She may have an extreme fear that you'll die on her and she would be left grieving, so she's trying to distance herself. I don't know what you can do to get her back other than trying to guilt her, but that would not be the basis of a good relationship. You might have to let her go.

First of all, I am glad to hear you are doing better. What a tremendous piece of good news for you!

I think you will need to let her go though, OP. She is showing you she doesn't want to be your girlfriend. Whether it was related to your health issues or not, she is being honest that she doesn't feel the same way.

Use this gift of recovery in a more constructive way, by letting go of the things and people that do not really have a place in your life. Start afresh. Don't waste your precious energy on someone who isn't reciprocating. You have bigger fish to fry, and one of them is seeking greater happiness in this new chapter.

Archived