OkStupid

Hi everyone,

My long term boyfriend and I split recently. We started dating young and grew to not appreciate each other as much because we were so used to having one another around. It is so tough going through a first heartbreak, who was longterm, in your 20's. Basically, I want to get back together because I realize how great we were together and the comments i would sometimes get about why I don't want to experience something else in my 20's and settling so young really got to me and they shouldn't have. He was feeling the same way and it was really quite a beautiful and peaceful breakup as odd as that is to say. Well now a month and a half has gone by and I truly miss him and want him back. I have expressed this to him over text message and he said that he is enjoying being alone for the time being. I guess at this point I don't know what I should do? I know NC is what everyone will say but I am worried that by doing so, he will move on with someone else and forget me. And I also think that maybe if I keep telling him how I will wait for him to be ready or reaffirm how much I love him, it will make him realize I am here for him. Is that stupid and crazy? Is NC always the right move? Is there anything I can do to show him how much he means to me and that i would do anything to get him back?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

OP, he knows how you feel. Keeping in contact won't remind him of anything, because he didn't forget. He just doesn't share that sentiment, I'm afraid.

The problem is that if his feelings have truly changed, it's out of your hands. No Contact or consistent contact won't affect that really. Hanging around won't prevent him from moving on, if that's what he is going to do. I say that having been in his position, with an ex who just refused to believe me when I said I wanted to be on my own. I didn't feel the same way about him anymore, and while I didn't want him to hurt, I couldn't help him feel better either.

Where you were a couple so young, I think your bf might have either met someone else or just fell out of love with you. It's a difficult thing to hear, but when a guy says this, that's what it usually means. I wouldn't wait for him to come back. Pull yourself together and move on. Find a nice guy who deserves your love.

Archived