what does this behavior mean?

SadSadgirl

i’ll try to make this short.

i was in a 2 month relationship with someone who suffered really bad anxiety. there were a lot of things that stressed him out, being expelled from school, missing credits, online jobs, and me. (he isn’t a troublemaker, got expelled for a really minuscule reason)

he constantly worried about me since i suffer from depression. it’s never escalated to the point where i broke down and hurt myself etc. sometimes i just got upset, apparently this put a burden on him

before he dated me, he was in a 6 month relationship with a very toxic girl, it brought him down and he fell in a depressive state during it. he worried the same would happen in our relationship, even though he said i’m nothing like his ex

he broke up with me 10/7, about a week ago. whilst doing so, he said he still has love for me, that he still cares about me, and that he doesn’t want us to drift apart.

i did no contact the day after, still doing no contact. he still views my Snapchat story, sends me snaps, likes my Instagram posts, and does breadcrumbs (ex. “I picked up that book you were always talking about”) i haven’t replied to any of these.

i do hope for reconciliation but i would be fine without it too. what does this behavior mean, and is there any chance of reconciling?

thank you!

There is always a chance for reconciliation but why bother when he's not a good candidate for a partner in life. He's got to work on himself with someone that can help him with his anxiety so that he can be someone that is ready to be in a romantic partnership.

You too should work on yourself with a professional if need be to help you with your own depression. There is nothing wrong with getting help with things that don't seem to be getting resolved on their own.

I'll also add that I don't think you should be making excuses for his behaviour by calling getting expelled for something "miniscule." No one gets expelled for anything that is small. Your ex needs to be single while he, hopefully, works to be the best him that he can be.

There is always a chance for reconciliation but why bother when he's not a good candidate for a partner in life. He's got to work on himself with someone that can help him with his anxiety so that he can be someone that is ready to be in a romantic partnership.

You too should work on yourself with a professional if need be to help you with your own depression. There is nothing wrong with getting help with things that don't seem to be getting resolved on their own.

I'll also add that I don't think you should be making excuses for his behaviour by calling getting expelled for something "miniscule." No one gets expelled for anything that is small. Your ex needs to be single while he, hopefully, works to be the best him that he can be.

ty for your comment. I am going to therapy and taking natural supplements since i don’t react well to prescribed antidepressants. he is a good person, very supportive, has good goals, were a lot alike, etc. he just worries a lot. he said he wants to be alone for now, i’m just hoping we could start something new in the future when we’re both on track

ty for your comment. I am going to therapy and taking natural supplements since i don’t react well to prescribed antidepressants. he is a good person, very supportive, has good goals, were a lot alike, etc. he just worries a lot. he said he wants to be alone for now, i’m just hoping we could start something new in the future when we’re both on track

Well, anything is possible but you'd be doing yourself a disservice by waiting around in hope that he gets his stuff together. Get on with your life, go zero contact and give him the gift of missing you. Start doing things with friends and family to keep your mind busy and off of him. He's made his choice.

If you're single in the future and he changes his mind then you can revisit reconciliation then but don't wait around for ANYBODY.

Archived