Okay...

'ight, so for my sociology class we had the chance to ask someone from another class period out on a date. So I had chosen someone who I think there was a mutual conection because we had another class together and the basic you look they look away type deal, with the occational lock eyes and smile...Well, when it came time to call I got "Cold Feet"...Since I never really call people (I have maybe spent 2 hours of my 17 years that I have been alive, on the phone) and on top of it I was calling a very attractive female, female non the less...Well, the day before we had to turn in a picture of the date and a summary for extra credit, I finally worked up enough nerve to call her, (I was not allowed to say my name since it was supposed to be a blind date, kinda) So we talked for a few minutes, the normal, How are you doing, How's your team in the class doing, etc. etc...then she said "I have to be at work at 6" So that left me about 3 hours to work in something...Well, after about five minutes, there was about a 3 second pause 'cause I was thinking of exactaly what the heck I was going to say, since I had never been in this kinda situation before, then I began with "So...Aaa" then I hear *Click*...And she either hung up or giving her the benifit of the doubt, her battery died, well, that was thursday and there has been no returned call...Any suggestions on what I should have done different if any, and whether or not to confront her in class...

If you do decide to call you should write down what you want to say to her before hand and have that paper handy before you call her. That way no 3 second pauses thinking of what to say. I myself would talk to her in class and just probably tell her something like, hey you missed the good part of the conversation the other day, and see if she has any excuse. And I wouldnt exactly call it "confronting" her. That makes it sound like she did something wrong, so like u said give her the benefit of doubt and go at it as more like, finishing up the phone conversation in class. kk

Well, basically you look on this one board that has everybody in the class (6 periods of them) They are each separated into each different type of personality...And you pick a person, then the teacher asked then if they were willing to give their number, then you either got their number or didn't...Then you were supposed to call, keeping your identity a secret, then go on a date that lasted atleast 1 1/2 hours...

This was for extra credit? How are you doing other than the extra credit.

I had a wacked out sociology teacher last semester, this kind of sounds like something another professor (I) had talked about, where you maintain eye contact, then give them a bad or silly look after a while, it is sort of mean to some people.

You lost your nerve, and now that one is over. I wouldn't put a lot of thought into it. I have a feeling that she knows who you are, maybe she had some other people contact her, and she didn't feel like she had the time to deal with another classmate.

Don't beat yourself up over this.

Yeah, I am not putting much thought into it...After I got burned the first time, I have been ever so cautious since...The biggest problem with my first g/f (Mind you I am 17 and only had 1 g/f) was there really was no love going from me to her...She was just a filler for a gap that was always growing bigger day by day...But when she wanted to go farther and I wasn't ready she said "Well, I guess you aren't as excited about our relationship as you used to be" and that to me was the absolute worse thing she could have said to me, the only thing I will never forgive someone for doing...I am to shy of a person to break up with her though, so I basiclly broke the chain she had on me and then she broke up with me a few days later...Oops...Back to the topic now, As I was saying before, I am not putting much thought into, 'cause it was one of those things where I didn't expect any good resulst, although it would have been nice to get a chance to get to know her better. It wasn't the end of the world, but I am glad there is only 20 days left, 'cause they might be a little akward if you know what I mean