friends sister

hey guys, iam friends with this girl and i kind of liked her but because her best friend was my good mate and her best friend fancied her, i didnt do anything about it and also i didnt think anything would happen so i forgot about her and just was her friend, then i met her sister and i kind of like her, do you think its ok to ask out a friends sister?

anyway this is the history i have with her, what should i do next, bearing in mind i dont have her msn (i spoke to her on her sisters msn not hers) or her number so it hard to get to her without going through my friend

the only history i have with her is my mate was talking to her and i went into a world of my own (as u do) and accidently stared at her for a few minutes and she told her sister (my friend from above) that she thought i was weird, then i spoke to her on msn and she said she was going to london to get some photos of the landscape so i said that you cant go to london and not get a picture of a black cab and she bought back two photos of a black cab with a message on the back saying i hope you like it! then a couple of days later i saw her and said thanks and spoke to her about her art course for a bit, then a couple of weeks later after half term she saw me and made a point of coming up to me and chatting to me about half term and her uni interview!

what should i do next? is it ok to ask a friends sister out? how do i get proof that she is into me?

thanks for the help

I think you should put your friendship first here. Ask your friend how she feels about it and if she is ok with the idea then you could ask her to put a good word in for you or pass on your msn or whatever to this girl. However, if she is not so happy with the idea then it is best just to try and forget about this girl and preserve your friendship.