Boyfriend went through my phone

unoverse

2 days ago my boyfriend went through my phone. Normally I keep my phone locked but I forgot and stepped out of the room. We have been in a relationship for 4 months. Now, there's a couple of guys that would text me and I'll reply back. One was very dry, hi and bye. But the other guy is flirty and sent some explicit inappropriate texts. I never responded to his advances. I'm sure my boyfriend read them because he asked how many dudes I'm texting when I caught him scrolling through my phone. At which point things got sour and he left.

The next day I sent him a text asking him are we still together and he says yes. He then sends a long text apologizing for going through my phone and promises never to touch it again.

After that I still feel like things are off we FaceTime as normal and text each other like we always do. But it started to feel like he was overdoing it for some reason. Like he was forcing himself to tolerate me.

So that night I sent a long text telling him how much I love him and he means the world to me but I feel like something is off. I told him I'm going to give him his space and not to contact me.

Now, I know I shouldn't have been allowing guys to still text my phone but I did nothing with them or followed through with their advances.

I feel so confused. I can't believe he went through my phone and is there trust left at this point. Can someone please talk to me cause I really am lost.

As I said in your other post:

Well, I suspect he went through your phone because he doesn't trust you.

Now, I know I shouldn't have been allowing guys to still text my phone but I did nothing with them or followed through with there advances.
If you know you shouldn't have then why did you? What were you getting out of it? Was it that the attention gave you some kind of ego boost? Were you texting these guys when you were with your b/f?

Yes I was. I was getting compliments from one of them that he doesn't give me. I love to hear that I'm pretty or something like that. I put lots of effort to keep him attracted to me but nothing. So I allowed the texts from the guy to keep coming just to feel appreciated or attractive.

Archived