hi

my name is andy and i am very sad

i have no mates to go to with problems no mates to hang out with the only people i know is online or someone i have met and dont do any thing but talk online with i dont thhink they want to do stuff with me

i use to have a good mate but he found other mates to hang with so i dont see him no more none of my mates from school contact me if i do to them there are to busy or say they will ring me back but there never do i get invited places some times maybe 1 time a month to go do things some times my family picks on me for not having any mates i have only had 1 girlfriend but girls never look at me now i guess

i dont know what to do

i am out of school now going to study at thing called tafe witch i do 2 times aweek leaving the rest of the week boring

I agree, the best thing to do is to join a club. If you find something that is related to an interest or hobby that you have, perhaps a computer club or something like that? It is a great way to make friends and meet new people who share the same interests as you!

you could always join a club inschool...

I use to be overweight, but i hit the gym, and put on muscles and lost a lot of weight... So you shouldn't let anything slow you down... If you want something bad enough, you can always change. Start Running and lifting weights, I promise if you do this and watch what you eat you will see some very good process.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

Your story kind of reminds me of my own problems with friendships. I had always found it hard to make close friends.

I think that people found it hard to relate to me because I was brought up to trust no one, but meeting a couple of genuinely good natured friends in the past few years has made me realise that other people really aren't out there to make my life miserable.

The most empowering realisation was that whatever I may have or may still think is wrong with myself - my friends really couldn't care less about. Confidence in yourself is the most important thing.

I don't want to be telling you how you should go and make friends, but once you start to believe that it's not that hard, it's really not!