4 months of 'seeing eachother'

Opportunity9

Hi all

I have been dating a girl for 4 months. Throughout the 4 months I have had some doubts and stuff about a couple things, and I am sure she has too. However. We're still getting on better than ever. And see eachother 2/3 times weekly, whether it's going for food or chilling at home.

Do you feel 4 months is long time to not have an 'exclusive' conversation. It has gone on long for me, but because or that I'm releuctsnt to mention anything, and perhaps she's the same?

My friends think it's odd how we aren't 'officially dating'

We're both mid 20s FYI

I mean, I've known people who have just "seen each other" for over a year and then they pop up as engaged despite never making their relationship official before that point. It's not common (nor is it my personal ideal), but it happens.

The important thing here is that the lack of this conversation and officiality is bothering you. Either bring it up or your discomfort is going to start showing, and she may take it the wrong way and draw back. If she's not into it, well, at least you can stop wasting time on someone who doesn't want to go steady with you.

It all sounds as though it's going very well; really easy and relaxed.

Sometimes we just slip into these things; I'd been spending very pleasant times with my current partner, and then another woman told him she wanted a relationship with him. He told her he was already involved with someone, i.e. me, but we hadn't actually discussed our relationship status at all until that point. That said, I was very happy to do so when the situation arose!

My guess is that your lady assumes you're in a relationship, but there's no harm in raising it with her!

Hi all

I have been dating a girl for 4 months. Throughout the 4 months I have had some doubts and stuff about a couple things, and I am sure she has too. However. We're still getting on better than ever. And see eachother 2/3 times weekly, whether it's going for food or chilling at home.

Do you feel 4 months is long time to not have an 'exclusive' conversation. It has gone on long for me, but because or that I'm releuctsnt to mention anything, and perhaps she's the same?

My friends think it's odd how we aren't 'officially dating'

We're both mid 20s FYI

To answer your question, "YES". Four months of quality interactions (seeing each other consistently) is long enough to subtly inquire as to whether the two are you are exclusive. Just don't have it come across as some business proposition.

Archived