Was contacted by a women on the dating app called Bumble and

moneymkt

We chatted all day yesterday. I suggested talking on the phone at the end of the day and her response was

"I won't be able to talk this week because my family is in town and I want to spend as much time with them as I can"

I definitely wasn't expecting that response. So I will just respond once a day until next week and then try to move the conversation offline

I never talked to a woman that long before and didn't get the number. And she replied to me first

We chatted all day yesterday. I suggested talking on the phone at the end of the day and her response was

"I won't be able to talk this week because my family is in town and I want to spend as much time with them as I can"

I definitely wasn't expecting that response. So I will just respond once a day until next week and then try to move the conversation offline

I never talked to a woman that long before and didn't get the number. And she replied to me first

If you don't mind me asking what is it that you find unexpected about her response?

Do you feel like she's blowing you off?

Bc I think it sounds completely normal, especially if he family is in town from far away.

When I lived in Colorado and my Dad and brother came to visit from NJ it meant the world to me, and it was a big deal for them coming all the way out to a place they've never been and know nothing about. When people come to visit, it's your job as host to entertain them, find activities, etc.

Back to my example where my Dad and brother came out to visit, they stayed a week, but the time flew by as I was soaking up every min being around the ppl I love and miss most of the year.

In fact, my Dad probably would have grabbed my phone and threw it out the window if I was spending time away from them talking on the phone.

I don't think you should take is as anything bad, in fact it would be a check in the yes column for me that family is so important to her.

I'm sure you guys will still text, but I would wait for her to initiate texts out of respect for her time with her family.

Then once they leave she'll be all over you bc she will have certainly missed you!

If you don't mind me asking what is it that you find unexpected about her response?

Do you feel like she's blowing you off?

Bc I think it sounds completely normal, especially if he family is in town from far away.

When I lived in Colorado and my Dad and brother came to visit from NJ it meant the world to me, and it was a big deal for them coming all the way out to a place they've never been and know nothing about. When people come to visit, it's your job as host to entertain them, find activities, etc.

Back to my example where my Dad and brother came out to visit, they stayed a week, but the time flew by as I was soaking up every min being around the ppl I love and miss most of the year.

In fact, my Dad probably would have grabbed my phone and threw it out the window if I was spending time away from them talking on the phone.

I don't think you should take is as anything bad, in fact it would be a check in the yes column for me that family is so important to her.

I'm sure you guys will still text, but I would wait for her to initiate texts out of respect for her time with her family.

Then once they leave she'll be all over you bc she will have certainly missed you!

Normally when I suggest a phone convo and offer my number, the woman responds with her number

So the fact that she contacted me first and we talked most of the day, I was surprised I didn't get the number so we could atleast text until she was able to talk

Normally when I suggest a phone convo and offer my number, the woman responds with her number

So the fact that she contacted me first and we talked most of the day, I was surprised I didn't get the number so we could atleast text until she was able to talk

Oh ok I thought you were texting this whole time, but you were messaging thru the app.

Honestly I don't think this is a negative to you either.

When I first did online dating I had really no idea so after 3 or 4 messages I'd give my number out to text instead bc I found it a pain in the ass to log into the app every time. But I soon realized that was a terrible idea, bc some people these days are freakin nuts and now they have your phone number to text and call & send pictures, depending on the type of person they are they could get really nasty and become harassing.

I just look at it now as a woman almost a decade later, I don't give my number out until we've hung out in person.

It syncs bc I'm a very open trusting friendly person, but you kinda can't be these days.

All this to say, I just don't think any of the things you've mentioned are indicators that you did something wrong or she's not interested in you. Just putting myself in her shoes, and I really am starting to like this guy, I would have done everything the same way she has; then once family leaves I'd be hitting him up right away to catch up and chat and make plans to meet up.

Oh ok I thought you were texting this whole time, but you were messaging thru the app.

Honestly I don't think this is a negative to you either.

When I first did online dating I had really no idea so after 3 or 4 messages I'd give my number out to text instead bc I found it a pain in the ass to log into the app every time. But I soon realized that was a terrible idea, bc some people these days are freakin nuts and now they have your phone number to text and call & send pictures, depending on the type of person they are they could get really nasty and become harassing.

I just look at it now as a woman almost a decade later, I don't give my number out until we've hung out in person.

It syncs bc I'm a very open trusting friendly person, but you kinda can't be these days.

All this to say, I just don't think any of the things you've mentioned are indicators that you did something wrong or she's not interested in you. Just putting myself in her shoes, and I really am starting to like this guy, I would have done everything the same way she has; then once family leaves I'd be hitting him up right away to catch up and chat and make plans to meet up.

well she hasn't unmatched me yet lol So I will see what happens

See that's the spirit!

I'm almost positive I'm right about this and if so feel free to comment an update here bc I do love being right lol

That was the first time since being on Bumble, I ever received a message first from a woman. That;s the app where a man can't contact a woman until she messages him first. So I was kind of surprised especially since she is attractive and pleasant looking

That was the first time since being on Bumble, I ever received a message first from a woman. That;s the app where a man can't contact a woman until she messages him first. So I was kind of surprised especially since she is attractive and pleasant looking

I actually downloaded that app about a month ago and keep getting matched with really good looking guys (like I was think is this a catfish site or something bc these aren't people I run into at the grocery store.)

But I have not been able to neasssge anyone yet, everything that I think an ice breaker/conversation starter just sounded so lame or corny.

All this to say i have a new-found respect for men and what they go through as the ones typically putting themselves out there first and the stress of it all

I actually downloaded that app about a month ago and keep getting matched with really good looking guys (like I was think is this a catfish site or something bc these aren't people I run into at the grocery store.)

But I have not been able to neasssge anyone yet, everything that I think an ice breaker/conversation starter just sounded so lame or corny.

All this to say i have a new-found respect for men and what they go through as the ones typically putting themselves out there first and the stress of it all

I know, most people probably want something other than........"hi how are you?

LOL

I know, most people probably want something other than........"hi how are you?

LOL

lol; well she's gig make it sound easy lol

I tried hey what are you up to/what are you doing? as my response back until I had a friend tell me that it's sounds a little invasive and downright creepy to ask a complete stranger what they are doing at the moment.

Lol, can't win.

I tried hey what are you up to/what are you doing? as my response back until I had a friend tell me that it's sounds a little invasive and downright creepy to ask a complete stranger what they are doing at the moment.

Lol, can't win.

Ooops I meant to type "well sure, when you make it sound easy"

Unfortunately my fat fingers and auto correct have teamed up to make me appear illiterate

Lol, can't win.

I try to connect my opening message to something in their profile.

I try to connect my opening message to something in their profile.

Ahh see; I don't read the profiles so I've got no info.

Maybe I'll try checking some out here and there.

What the heck was I thinking entering this thread as an advice giver,?

You seem to have it way more figured out than me LOL

Archived