Friend & I crossed the line

Need help with this one, not sure what to do... I'm 22/m and last week I stoped by my friends place (25/f) just to say hi and watch TV. We always stop by each other's places spontaneiously, and we've known each other since college (for about 5 yrs). Well, when I got there she was drunk after having lost her job. One thing sort of led to another we ended up "doing stuff" although we didn't actually have sex. It's been a week now and she won't even talk to me and it's killing me becuase I care for her and her friendship so much. It isn't too far off to assume she is either embarrassed/angry/betrayed or all those things and she doesn't want me in her life anymore, but is there anyway I can fix this? Please help, I really don't want to lose her in my life. I thought I've been strong about this whole thing and that in time she would talk to me about it, but I'm getting impatient.

I'm sure that in time she will talk to you and that your friendship can survive but she is probably feeling very confused right now. If you can find some way of contacting her just try to explain that you wanted to be there for her when she was upset and although you didnt necessarily go about it the right way you still want to be friends and that this does not have to change your friendship. Do you have any feelings for her other than friendship? Is there a possibility she feels more for you? Yes to either of these questions will naturally make getting back to normal more difficult. If she does have feelings for you and you have let her know that you thought what happened was a mistake she may be feeling hurt or if she is worried that you have feelings for her then she may not want to talk to you because she doesn't want to have to hurt you.

1) She was drunk

2) She hooked up with a dude she's not dating

She feels skanky.

If you want her as a friend only, call her up and talk about it. If you want her as a g/f, call her up and ask her out.

If she gets a b/f, prepare to get scarce or get dumped