Two steps forward...

Thank you all for this forum. Just want to reiterate how my I appreciate this place.

My pain has been quite manageable the last week or so. I noticed that I am able to stop myself, breathe and try and switch my point of view. It hasn't been easy, but if I can stay on track and follow these steps, I may very well be farther along then I originally thought. This morning, I started down the path of picturing him with someone else again, and it just hurts. Why do we do this to ourselves? The only one who will be hurt is ourselves. I guess this all stems from self esteem, and I know I still have a ways to go in that department. I've asked a certain member here for advice privately. He has been a tremendous help. I just want some feedback from those of you who are still getting these moments. The thought of him possibly being with someone else is incredibly painful... but we didn't work out. It is his life, and his business.

Thank you all for this forum. Just want to reiterate how my I appreciate this place.

My pain has been quite manageable the last week or so. I noticed that I am able to stop myself, breathe and try and switch my point of view. It hasn't been easy, but if I can stay on track and follow these steps, I may very well be farther along then I originally thought. This morning, I started down the path of picturing him with someone else again, and it just hurts. Why do we do this to ourselves? The only one who will be hurt is ourselves. I guess this all stems from self esteem, and I know I still have a ways to go in that department. I've asked a certain member here for advice privately. He has been a tremendous help. I just want some feedback from those of you who are still getting these moments. The thought of him possibly being with someone else is incredibly painful... but we didn't work out. It is his life, and his business.

It helps to remind myself that my thoughts are a choice. So when I catch myself going down that path I make a conscious choice to do otherwise.

We naively think our thoughts and emotions are things that just come over us. But if you look it differently you can do it differently.

Good luck on your path to healing.

Remember, when there is something unknown, don't chose to fill it in with the most painful thing possible. You only hurt yourself.

Archived