good deoderant?

I have tried almost all the deoderants and I always have the same problem. They seem to work the first day or so, and then it's like they almost stop working after that?!

I am currently using a gel deoderant and it works pretty good, but it stains my white t-shirts .

Does anyone know any good brands?

I personally had the same issues. It's almost as if your body get immune to it. I would stick with roll on or gel because it stays on longer and seeps into your pours more easily then a stick. I recommend dove roll on or secret gel.

I realize this is mainly a female discussion, but I did want to caution on using Mitchum. It's designed so that you only need to apply it like once every 2-3 days. The way it accomplishes this is by practically shrinking up your skin pores so tightly that it can last that long. I of course have never used it, but from a health standpoint, I'd caution on using it at all. Believe it or not, sweating in that area is a healthy activity for your body. If you suddenly stopped sweating there, you should be worried. I personally wouldn't use something that can clog your pores for several days.

I realize this is mainly a female discussion, but I did want to caution on using Mitchum. It's designed so that you only need to apply it like once every 2-3 days. The way it accomplishes this is by practically shrinking up your skin pores so tightly that it can last that long. I of course have never used it, but from a health standpoint, I'd caution on using it at all. Believe it or not, sweating in that area is a healthy activity for your body. If you suddenly stopped sweating there, you should be worried. I personally wouldn't use something that can clog your pores for several days.

Your armpits are not the only place you sweat from - you have pores all over your body and sweat does evaporate from all over, and I have not heard of any cases of "Mitchum-induced fatalities". Your armpits are just one of the stinkier and sweatier places it evaporates from.

I have used it, and still need to apply it the next day after I have showered and everything. It works well, but not that well to stop your body from being able to breathe! Most antiperspirants work in this manner - by stopping sweating. Deodorants on the other hand only mask odour but allow you to keep sweating.

Which is the best from Dove- the stick/gel/roll-on?

I tried the stick a while back, and it stopped working for me after a short time.

I just bought the Mitchum for Women last week. It worked at first, but then it's like it only 1/2 works. I wore a white t-shirt with it and that was a success though.

The dove roll on is the best because it really seeps into your pours. And I know that this is going to sound gross but you have to make sure that you are really, and I mean really washing really really well and get all of the deoterant from the previous day before you re-apply. Also deoterant should only be applied directly after you shower. It's best done when you are still kinda wet. That's what the doctors say at least, and I have a routine that consists of that- and I dont stink-lol

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is a little off topic ... but does anyone else like the smell of mens deoderant? or their aftershave??

I love the smell of lynx. I use my brothers and spray in my top or jackets. I love it when a guy is stood next to you and you get a whiff of their deoderant.

I'm weird like that

Miya

I'm not so sure about thier deoterant, but I love men smelling good- cologne.

I think that Polo Sport is great, Armani and I can't remember the name of my favorite- it comes in a greenish blue bottle in the shape of a man's neck torso and down to thighs