Slowing things down after sex

BiFelischa

I've always jumped into relationships. After two breakups in a year, I have realized that I need to do things differently. I hooked up with a guy I didn't expect to be interested in. The more I see him, the more feelings arise inside me that im trying to control. I wasn't looking for a relationship, but I've also found someone that doesn't fall into the usual choices I make. We are the same age, we like almost the same music, we laugh and can talk for hours, etc. I haven't brought anything up about how I feel, so I'm not sure how he feels about me(though I think he may be feeling some simiar). I'm scared to do so this early on.

I've been staying at his place about 2-3 days a week for the last 2 months. I'm trying to stay busy at work, and try not to bother him, (he ignores his phone more then I do), and I'm probably going to go out this weekend w/out him. But what else do I do. How do I start the conversation about my feelings and concerns about taking things slow. What if things come to the worst and I scare him off or get rejected. This is why I wasn't looking for anything, but then I find the one I would have avoided had I known. Even though I move fast, my relationships usually last longer then my last 2. I'm getting tired of feeling the need to have a close companion, and now that I may have found one, I want to do it the right way. I'm full of confusion, self doubt and fear. How does one talk about their feelings when they don't know how to. How can I slow things down, but not push them away.

Have you had the exclusive conversation after having sex and being together this much after 2 mos? Or are you both seeing others? Is this is hooking up or fwb or casual?

If you want to "take it slow", then don't go to his place for sex this much. Also define your standards as far as exclusive dating.

I've been staying at his place about 2-3 days a week for the last 2 months. How do I start the conversation about my feelings and concerns about taking things slow. How can I slow things down, but not push them away.

Archived