bullsfanjulia

So my boyfriend and I broke up because he couldn't handle a long distance relationship any longer emotionally. He'd been telling me for a while he had issues to deal with but he wanted to move to be with me eventually. As time went on he got a better job in his town and a new apartment. I always actually felt like he was more into the relationship than I was (don't get my wrong i love him with all of my heart) but he was the one who told me he loved me first etc so i know he loved me (no matter how much my overactive mind tells me he didn't).

We were truly best friends and he called me his soul mate which is something I definitely felt as well. It's been over for about a month and we haven't had any contact. When he was breaking up with me he told me he loved me and that it really hurt him, that he didn't WANT to move into the new place, that he didn't want to give everything up but he just couldn't handle the distance. I was really upset and thought for a while that if he truly loved me that he would do absolutely anything injustice power to be with me, but now i'm realizing that may have been a little "black and white" thinking and life/love isn't always black and white.

I truly love him still and I always will, I just have a gut feeling that things aren't over between us, that one day we will be together again when we've both grown. I don't know if that's me being overly hopeful or what but when i'm highly intuitive and my gut instinct is usually right.

I guess i'm just curious to see what anyone else thinks? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Also I've been wondering if he misses me. He still follows me on social media even though i no longer follow him.

Sorry to hear this but LDRs are very difficult in themselves then even more difficult if the distance needs to be bridged because it starts out long distance. 10 months is not that long and that's when the newness and infatuation wane and people may decide it's not working or going to work.

There's no such thing as 'soulmates' or 'the one' and this is not the only man in the US or the world for you. Excellent you went no contact and are trying to move on.

Avoid the heartbreak of LDRs in the future. It would help if you started to get on dating apps and browse for guys in your area, when you are ready start meeting local men for coffee.

What made you reach out to someone so far away and why didn't you move to PA or consider it?

So my boyfriend and I broke up because he couldn't handle a long distance relationship any longer emotionally.
So my boyfriend and I broke up because he couldn't handle a long distance relationship any longer emotionally. He'd been telling me for a while he had issues to deal with but he wanted to move to be with me eventually. As time went on he got a better job in his town and a new apartment. I always actually felt like he was more into the relationship than I was (don't get my wrong i love him with all of my heart) but he was the one who told me he loved me first etc so i know he loved me (no matter how much my overactive mind tells me he didn't).

We were truly best friends and he called me his soul mate which is something I definitely felt as well. It's been over for about a month and we haven't had any contact. When he was breaking up with me he told me he loved me and that it really hurt him, that he didn't WANT to move into the new place, that he didn't want to give everything up but he just couldn't handle the distance. I was really upset and thought for a while that if he truly loved me that he would do absolutely anything injustice power to be with me, but now i'm realizing that may have been a little "black and white" thinking and life/love isn't always black and white.

I truly love him still and I always will, I just have a gut feeling that things aren't over between us, that one day we will be together again when we've both grown. I don't know if that's me being overly hopeful or what but when i'm highly intuitive and my gut instinct is usually right.

I guess i'm just curious to see what anyone else thinks? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Also I've been wondering if he misses me. He still follows me on social media even though i no longer follow him.

Yea.. I have the same feeling toward my own EX. We've been LDR the whole time, but seeing as she's going to College, she's handling alot of new stress and worries about her own future. The LDR aspect stressed her out so much that she decided to break things off so she could have peace of mind and time for herself as she preps to moving out of State. I don't know if she'll contact me again before entering University this fall. Sometimes I have hope, others times, I try to simply forget about her and move on. It's because we had/still have great chemistry that it's hard to "move on". I don't think I'll ever stop loving her. Like you, it feels like Me and my Ex arent done yet. There's so many things we wanted to do and things we truly enjoyed together. I guess I'm just impatient because I don't want to wait a few more years. My ex needs to grow emotionally , but as for me, sure there are aspects of my character that could use ironing out to be a better person for the future, but these changes will come naturally to me than simply actively pursuing them, in other words I'm fine with how I am right now and In no rush.

Archived