About a year and a half ago I slept with one of my friends from high school. We used to do alot of drugs and drink together (as of right now I'm not doing any type of drugs), skip school, and everything. And we hadn't seen each other in a while and when we got together and started drinking one thing led to another. I had thought about being with another girl before that but never grasped the balls to say or do anything about it. I think the alcohol made things easier. But my parents are true homophobes as well as the rest of my family (we live in the south and it's the whole "God said blah blah blah" bs.) My family keeps asking me why I'm not in a relationship with anyone and I don't want to tell them because of the whole "God said..." thing so I don't talk to anyone about it. My friends know and I've lost a few but the ones that are still around are the ones that count though(?) I know that I shoudn't feel like I need to tell them now but it really sucks not being able to be yourself.

just so everyone knows I do believe that there is a God but I don't like people using that against me or anyone else.

I wanted to come out to everyone the minute I came out to myself. The problem with that is some acquaintances will think no less of you, while people you have known your entire life will drop you like you are on fire. You never know. I thought my Mom would be supportive and my Dad would freak and I got it backwards. And I thought I was a pretty good judge of my folks. I only came out to one person at work, and even that took a long time. When people asked me why I wasn't interested in this guy or that, I just smiled and changed the subject. I wish you well.

Congratulations on being clean....... One of the hardest thing to deal with as a lesbian is being true to yourself. As far as I am concerned my sexuality is nobody's business.....to be honest I wish everybody knew, that way I can totally enjoy my time with my gf and just relax.....but unfortunately we are not living in a very understanding society.

I don't flaunt my sexualiy, ususally when ppl ask about my boyfriend I say I am not interested...I a focussing on my career!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, i feel your concern.......but what can we do????????

Congratulations on being clean....... One of the hardest thing to deal with as a lesbian is being true to yourself. As far as I am concerned my sexuality is nobody's business.....to be honest I wish everybody knew, that way I can totally enjoy my time with my gf and just relax.....but unfortunately we are not living in a very understanding society.

I don't flaunt my sexualiy, ususally when ppl ask about my boyfriend I say I am not interested...I a focussing on my career!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, i feel your concern.......but what can we do???????? As long as you are totally comfortable with your sexuality and your self as a person, nobody else even matters.