Corrupt place of work

leemi1982

Hi I work in a factory its a big multimillion pound company has a famous brand.

We have had a restructure got a load of new management, not been very popular worst management we have ever had in the 20 years of me being there. they have come in and have been very stricked with loads of threatening behaviour made big mistskes, and blame everyone else for it. some of the thing they come out with question me is this even legal. they told me I have had to many accidents 4 accidents in 10 years if I have another one I will be sent for diserplinary written warning.

So I thought best not to report any accidents, anyway about 6 months ago while I was working I felt a twinge in my hands from doing repetitive work, caused me a lot of problems since, a progressive condition. I was back at the doctors the other day he asked me how it started at work and did I put it in the accident book. I said no because I have been threatened with disaplinery if I did. Doctor went mad calling it quite corrupt.

Any thoughts where I should take this.

They can't discipline you simply for being involved in an accident. You can be disciplined for unsafe work practices leading to an accident, though. I'd imagine UK law would award you a pretty penny if you were canned for reporting a no-fault accident. I don't see it as corruption as much as it is you not being willing to assert your rights.

If you go to doctors for problems don't make it about work, especially chronic problems. Are you trying to get no-fault insurance or work disability?

Maybe it's time to get your resume out?

I was back at the doctors the other day he asked me how it started at work and did I put it in the accident book. I said no because I have been threatened with disaplinery if I did.

Archived