Why am I freezing?

Jetta

I really like this guy but when he flirts with me I don't flirt back. I'm a natural flirt (I've recently discovered) and flirt easily with guys I don't necessarily like, but with him I freeze or come off as unresponsive. I don't react like a normal person, and I don't get it!

He put his arm around me the other night to give me a friendly hug I basically froze up. I wanted recipricate but I like him so much it scares me. I've never liked a guy as much as I like him. It's like I'm not sure if he's really flirting cause he's interested (even though I'm pretty sure he is) or if he's just being friendly flirting. He's also naturally flirtatious. This is just not a good way to get with him, so what can I do? I do think he likes me because he became jealous of me flirting with other guys (that I didn't realize I was flirting with). I also showed up unexpectedly once and he stubbled over a chair when he saw me.

Can I overcome this somehow? Or will it work itself out eventually? I mean it's the strangest thing to me. Why do I become so stiff around him?

Your post just reminded me of the advice given by E. Jean Carroll, advice columnist for Elle magazine.

#1 - this is your "Snow White" moment. You have met this amazing man - thousands and thousands of years of evolution - your body knows when it's met a man who is a great match.

#2 - Of course you're a natural flirt! E. Jean Carroll said something like, "none of us would be here if our every one of our foremothers didn't seduce some man!"

#3 - As she says, now what to do? Get out of your own way! You're freaking out, so stop it! Let things happen!

Good luck!

I hope I can do that. At least he knows I like him, I've told everyone but him. My best friend embarressed me royally one night because she wanted to meet the mystery man. She actually walked into where he worked and asked if she could talk to him. I turned bright red, yes I was with her. He came over, sat next to me, and had a conversation with us then got up and left. I feel like a freaking teenager! That's just not supposed to happen. That's why I wasn't sure if he was being nice cause he liked the attention, or if he was serious. When he stumbled over the chair and had a very big smile then I leaned more towards he's feeling it too. But I'm still wary.

Of course it's supposed to happen! You like him! If you can't get anything out of your mouth, then E. Jean Carroll recommends to just stand there, turn red, and "hem and haw like Annie Hall." Some guys would think that the super shy girl thing is cute too!

Now, like she says, "Get out of your own way!" Let the romance happen!