Need an explanation for my "dating" situation. Should I give up on her?

huygenss

I have no idea what's going on...

Well maybe I always think of a worst scenarios, but in that case it's seems like the most reasonable explanation to my situation. So... Is it that she just doesn't give a hoot about me?

There's this girl from my school. I like her so much and she just doesn't get out of my mind.

We had our first conversation in September, just a brief talk on a bus stop. Since then we talked a few more times. We see each other at school but there aren't many opportunities to talk there.

So I invited her for a coffee (via text) during a time where we didn't see each other on this bus stop and I just couldn't wait any more. She replied that it's a great idea but she doesn't have much time for it after school (which seemed legit, because she lives quite far from school). Besides she suddenly became much more talkative after my invitation so I thought that it isn't a bad sign after all.

After few days I came up with an idea. I bought two carryout coffees and waited for her after school. Then we went to this bus stop and talked. Nothing more came out of this coffee but all things considered I thought we both enjoyed it. It was on Friday.

Now... I texted her yesterday. And it's been 26 hours now without a reply, even though my message is marked as "Seen".

It happened before but never to a first "welcome" message. She used to not reply but after few messages and I didn't panic because I also sometimes don't respond to people, not because I don't want to talk to them, just because there's nothing more to say.

But now... I just don't get it. How come she hasn't replied after that Friday. I thought that everything was heading towards a right direction and now I'm so messed up. I don't want to write her more messages not to be needy or sth.

But I just don't understand this situation.

When it comes to love and relationships, all you can do is offer. She has to do her part to keep things moving. There are benign explanations for her behavior. Perhaps she was just busy. The situation could resolve itself at any time, and the two of you may eventually end up dating or in a relationship. Or she could be uninterested, in which case you'll know pretty quickly by her continuing to ignore you.

You could send her a quick "Hey, hope you're doing okay!" message if it feels right, but otherwise I'd wait for her to make the next move.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived