Long Distance: Started Strong Now is Weak

MhmmMhmmISee

As of now, I am in a LDR for about two months now. We like an hour apart but work and school prohibits us from seeing each other more than once every two weeks. We've known each other for five or six years now and we have finally been able to take the steps to be in a relationship. We are very different from each other, and some of the things she does, such as smoke and drink excessively, get on my nerves and I can't talk to her about it either. For the first month, things were great, we talked on the phone, ooVooed and did some together. We were both happy with the way things were going. But the day after our first month, things went down hill. I asked her about it and none of us knew what was going on. I just feel like things are tense or she's mad or something. She thinks it's one thing but I think it's another. Recently, we never really talk to each other, and I don't like it. I don't want to seem needy but I do want to talk to her. It's hard to talk to her about it and the last time we were together, we talked about breaking up. We chose not to, but I still don't think things are good between us. I'm conflicted because we love each other but it seems like things just aren't where they should be and the only option would be to break up. I'm willing to work through this but I don't know if I should. I know these types of relationships are hard but I never knew it would be this hard.

Archived