13years bf/gf has now ended

We having been going out for around 13 years as b/f g/f and best friends. I had some suspicions that things were not quite right. This is an email I sent to her in early December 2004. Ironic

"A Friend (left out name) and I talked about us, you and me, and your recent liason with your chap. In my experience and in most cases relationships that start like this don't often stop. They start for a reason, and in your case there must have been a reason why something was starting. I can think of a few certainly, as we are not perfect. So I am not 100% sure where we are going to go at present. I noted that you were quite muted in our chat the other night, and in fact did not say a lot. Whilst you did say you wanted to carry on, I remain (wary)!!!!"

This was her reply "Please believe me, when I say, there has not been a liaison. We just got on very well and spent some time together. I can't imagine life without you." Yes the writing was firmly on the wall. She did not have a physical relationship in Dec. We parted three weeks ago after I found out they had slept with each other. This left me very very hurt. She was very confused and extremely distraught at the outset, and it was agonising for both of us. She could not decide what she wanted for awhile, and was extremely upset. We have emailed since, and they are pleasant emails. We met twice, the first time was with trepidation, but turned out to be much better, and she wanted to come back. I said what happens if you change your mind. I said not a good idea. The second meeting about 10 days later was closure. We have emailed, but I am NC as of end of last week completely. Partly to heal, partly it will soon be the longest that we have ever not spoken in 13 years. The dust has yet to settle?

I don't think the dust has settled, 13 years is a long time to just walk away without remembering all the good times you shared. I do not think it's over...but I agree you should continue NC and be strong and heal.

Life has a way of playing by it's on rules. I wish you the best in your journey....

No. She was very honest as I was with her. There is no way she slept with him. After a certain amount of time you know what your other half thinks and feel. This is why I knew things were not quite right in Dec. But we did have other fundemental problems.

I don't think the dust has settled, 13 years is a long time to just walk away without remembering all the good times you shared. I do not think it's over...but I agree you should continue NC and be strong and heal.

Life has a way of playing by it's on rules. I wish you the best in your journey....

Many thanks perhaps you are right. Who knows!!!