Girls...do you feel lonley when....

It seems that alot of girls feel lonley when their guys don't spend alot of time with them..I was just reading a couple of posts about ladies who feel neglected by their guys either because they are away all the time doing something with their buddies or other hobbies..I have heard of this saying that goes Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind....just wanted to see what peoples feelings are when it comes to that saying...

It seems that alot of girls feel lonley when their guys don't spend alot of time with them..I was just reading a couple of posts about ladies who feel neglected by their guys either because they are away all the time doing something with their buddies or other hobbies..I have heard of this saying that goes Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind....just wanted to see what peoples feelings are when it comes to that saying...

All relationships are based on trust....

If you trust your partner then Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind isnt really a problem.

More often than not, a man in a relationship will not see that he is neglecting his partner by seeing his m8s and doing hobbies.

Women often want to fill a void in there life... being in a relationship makes them feel safe and wanted... but when you fill the void with someone else you have to understand they also have a life of there own.

The key to being happy is finding a way to fill the void without the need of a partner.

Now.. Im not saying that you shouldnt have a partner you just need to find things in life that make you happy.

Once you are happy in yourself and have filled the void with yourself, hobbies and social life (or what ever it may be) others will want to be apart of your life.

BUT, relationships are about give and take, if your partner is spending more time with there mates and hobbies then maybe you need to tell them how you feel.

Once you make your partner aware of what they are doing they can either change it or continue.

Then you have a choice, are they really what you are looking for, do they really make you happy, do they have the commitment to make the relationship work.

Dont give up on a relationship until you have given it a chance, give yourself a chance to see how you feel but also give your partner a chance

I think men and women in general have different views of what "enough time" time is. Women are generally a little needier when it comes to a physical, tangible presense. Phone calls just don't seem to be enough.

I think the longer you're with someone, the more willing you are to tolerate their absense when they're pursuing their other interests. I myself have come to the security level where it no longer bothers me if my boyfriend wants to hang out with his boys, his family...et cetera. I know he still loves me and enjoys being in my company. Im secure.

I think in early stages of the relationship, women judge how much their boyfriend likes them by the amount of time her spends with them. It's kind of programmed I guess you could say.

Men like to keep their own identity, and the minute they feel like their girlfriend is trying to monopolize all their time and take them away from their "boys", he will rebel.

Those are just my thoughts.

I sometimes feel that my boyfriend and I spend too much time together. I've never been physically needy with him, and have always felt that some time apart is absolutely essential. I can't spend every minute with a guy, or I get bored pretty fast. Some distance and "mystery" can allow both people to have lives of their own, and can also remind us of how important the other person is.

I really value my 'me time'. Without it every day I would probably go out of my mind.

I think that because girls are wired the way they are, we naturally are more needy and want our guys to be focused on us all the time... its hard to find that balance of being together... and the time you spend apart. I Know that with my boyfriend of 3 months... I felt he should be focused on me most of the time, which isnt the case. the world doesnt revolve around me... he needs to have his own interests and do his own thing. Ive come to accept that.

Yes, a balance of my time, his time and our time is the ideal situation (just like Muneca's slogan).

Women though, in the fist stages of a relationship, need more affirmation of a man's interest and love. It is easy for them to interpret any sign of a man wanting to see her less and a declining interest for her. Not necessarily so.

Besides women being much more focused in their relationships (just see women's magazines subjects, girl talk, etc), there is an old sociobiological factor: women don''t really trust men when they are alone. Even the ones who feel the man loves them deep inside know that culuturally men give in to peer pressure when it an opportunity presents itself. If you BF is miles away from home with his buddies chances are he will go to that strip club. If he is alone in a bar with his friends and a beautiful girl hits on him, it will be more difficult to say no. Many women are aware of that. Trust is overated by the fact that humans are NOT monogamous by nature.

I don't have any problems with my boyfriend spending time with his friends. Besides the fact that the majority of our friends are mutual. If he needs time on his own he tells me but half the time he wants me around him lots anyway. I like to be around him a lot but I know it's good for us to spend time apart too. We also spend time with our friends around us so it's not always just him and I. But I think it depends compleatly on the issue with the person. My issue is not that I'm scared my boyfriend will cheat on me (because I know he wouldn't) but that I'm scared he will get bored of me and leave.

Women though, in the fist stages of a relationship, need more affirmation of a man's interest and love. It is easy for them to interpret any sign of a man wanting to see her less and a declining interest for her. Not necessarily so.

Very true, I compleatly agree. I know I need a lot of affection and attention to resure me that the person cares about me and isn't going to go away.

~S.

I think it's important to keep in mind that we should all have our own lives(our own interests, things that make us happy apart from our partners) , but in a relationship we should try to bring our separate realities as close together as possible, while still keeping them separate.