What does Spiritual mean?

This one is like an ink blot test meaning everyone looking at the same thing may see something different as a reflection of their own perceptions. There is often this option on dating apps. For example could mean not atheist, but doesn't belong to any formal religion. Could mean kind of new age.

multiple definitions of the word spiritual.
This one is like an ink blot test meaning everyone looking at the same thing may see something different as a reflection of their own perceptions. There is often this option on dating apps. For example could mean not atheist, but doesn't belong to any formal religion. Could mean kind of new age.

Yeah that is why it is more confusing. So many different perceptions and viewpoints, it's hard to pinpoint a consistent definition.

For me spiritual means you believe there is something out there more powerful than you that created the universe but not necessarily God. You don't practice any certain religion but you're not an atheist.

Are you referring to something like Aliens? I think under certain definitions of Atheism, I could believe in Aliens and not believe in God (depending on your definition of God). But if we only focus on the definition of spiritual, from your perspective, it essentially means to believe in something more powerful than you that created the universe. Under this definition, I'd say I'm spiritual

Archived