Texting etiquette

tadpole3

I consider texting a form of communication like being on the phone, and feel like if one of the parties is going to quit texting after a certain point, they should say see ya, or later or something of the sort. When you have been texting and then receive no reply, it is like just hanging up on somebody, IMO.

Just wondering what ya'll think.

I don't because most of the people I text with have short attention spans and may forget to text back. For the ones that I talk to the most and text with the most, we know each other's work schedules and sleep schedules, so if I want a reply but not urgent enough for a phone call, I'll text when they'll be most likely be awake. Significant others usually got a good morning and good night message most days if I wasn't with her. That being said, if I know I'll be busy, I let certain people I text with a lot know that I'm going to be busy.

I consider texting a form of communication like being on the phone, and feel like if one of the parties is going to quit texting after a certain point, they should say see ya, or later or something of the sort. When you have been texting and then receive no reply, it is like just hanging up on somebody, IMO.

Just wondering what ya'll think.

No. That's weird. A phone call is a phone call. Texting is texting. If you're older than 16, I don't think you should be using texts for much else than a more efficient means to send or ask for important information. BSing over SMS is ok, but you shouldn't expect correspondence.

Archived